Hooking up 2 UHF antennas with preamp

JimP

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 8, 2004
Wetumpka, AL
My situation is that I live in an area where I have two ChannelMaster 4228 antennas(stacked one over the other turned at slightly different angles) amplified so that I can receive signals from 5 digital stations, two of which are wider apart than the angle of acceptance for a single 4228. They go through a joiner and then an amplifier. An ongoing concern is that the joiner is only passive for an amplifier on one side. All stations are digital frequencies 14 on up. I understand what PSIP is and all stations are truly in the UHF range.

After last week's rains and winds, something has gone wonky with reception on one of the stations such that I can't receive it. I'm not real sure if the other stations in general have decreased or not, but they're strong enough where I have a high enough signal where they don't drop out.

Because of the height of the mast, I can't reach the upper antenna connections while on the ladder. I'll have to take the whole thing down first in order to work on it. What I'd like to do is see if there is a joiner that is passive for an amplifier on two UHF inputs. I'm not having any luck finding one. They may not even exist. Any suggestions?

Also, any ideas why I've lost the signal on that one station?

Yes, they make what is called a dual power-passing splitter/combiner. You mentioned that it was only one station, have you ruled out the posibility that the station itself had problems?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts