hooking up internet to receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

lariardo

Original poster
Oct 4, 2009
arkansas
I do not have phone service but receive DSL internet. I am trying to hook up two dvr receivers to internet but don't want to pay what homeplugs cost. Can I use any wireless network adapter from my wireless network? Seems like it should work but don't want to buy a couple of adapters and find out it will not work with Dish.

I do not have phone service but receive DSL internet. I am trying to hook up two dvr receivers to internet but don't want to pay what homeplugs cost. Can I use any wireless network adapter from my wireless network? Seems like it should work but don't want to buy a couple of adapters and find out it will not work with Dish.

Yep Wireless adaptors will work as will other wireless nework configurations.
There a a bunch of threads on here about it, You can go to the search for wireless
here's a one
http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/103614-wireless-lan-solution-vip-622-a.html

Hope you get it working

thanks for help

thank you very much for your response. I got to reading on the homeplug and one of them will support up to 15 receivers so I think I will get one of them at walmart. They are $68. I was under the impression that I would need one for each receinver. If one PLA 401 will take care of multiple receivers, that is cheaper than a wireless adapter at each receiver. The way I understand it, the receivers can access the internet through the electrical cord. The usb or ethernet plugs do not need to be used. Seems strange but I will give it a try. Thanks alot again. larry

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)