hooking up manhattan rs1933

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

tom hoffa

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 26, 2014
utica, ny
hello,
i received my manhatten rs 1933 system yesterday.
i am using a standard tv,
i am assuming i hook up the LNB from the dish to the rs1933 receiver with a coax.
then i use the three rca plugs to attach the receiver to the RF modulator.

do i also hook up a coax from the rs1933 receiver to the rf modulator?

and where do i stick my rf modulator?
do i attach to my digital converter box or directly to the tv?
any help would be appreciated, thank you!

Last edited:
If you look at the back of your receiver for your outputs if one says out to tv and its a coax run it to the tv. If you tv doesn't support anything other coax and your reciever has no coax connection to your tv then you need a rf modulator. Goes like this from Satellite reciever to rf modulator then to tv. A digtal converter box is for OTA Tv antenna for a tv antenna system. If you have any questions we are here to help welcome to satellite guys.

Dan Rose

do i also hook up a coax from the rs1933 receiver to the rf modulator?
NO.
LNB --RG6 coax -- Receiver LNB Input
Receiver output - Yel(video)/Red/Wht(audio) to corresponding inputs on modulator.
Modulator RF Output to TV's Antenna input**.

**So you don't have to 'swap cables' often an AB switch.
DTV convertor output to AB switch
Modulator output to AB switch
AB switch common to Antenna input of TV.

If the television has an antenna input and R/Y/W.
Leave the converter box attached to the antenna input on the TV.
R/Y/W from RS1933 directly to television.

im still confused sorry.

my tv only has a 75ohm stud for a coax cable (does NOT have the 300ohm two screw)

1) LNB coax to lbn IN (SAT IN) on receiver.

where does "OUT" (SAT OUT) go (or i dont use this at all?)

2) three plug RCA's (L,R,V) from receiver TO "rf modulator.

my rf modulator has the three rca plug inputs, PLUS two 75ohm studs, one says "TO TV" the other says "ANTENNA IN".
(i assume i connect "TO TV" from rf-modulator directly to my tv ...and that i do not use my digital converter box at all)
will worry about a A-B switch later.

i still dont understand how or if i use "SAT OUT" coax connection on the receiver??
(i get the notion to connect SAT OUT from receiver with a coax cable to "antenna in" on the rf-modulator????
or i just simply DO NOT use this connection at all??????)
thank you

Don’t use “sat out” at all. Disconnect coax going from digital converter box to tv from the tv and connect to “antenna in” on rf modulator. Most rf modulators will default to converter box output when you turn off power on the Manhattan. In other words if the converter box is turned on and Manhattan is turned off then you should be able to watch the channel your converter box is turned to. Turn on the Manhattan and it should automatically be displayed on the tv until you turn it back off. You should not need a switch.

Don’t use “sat out” at all. Disconnect coax going from digital converter box to tv from the tv and connect to “antenna in” on rf modulator. Most rf modulators will default to converter box output when you turn off power on the Manhattan. In other words if the converter box is turned on and Manhattan is turned off then you should be able to watch the channel your converter box is turned to. Turn on the Manhattan and it should automatically be displayed on the tv until you turn it back off. You should not need a switch.

OK, thank you! that makes life simpler.

will have to try monday or tuesday to finish hooking up for i wont be home sunday (today).
and have a lot of reading to finish in the manual.
thanks again, (will more than likely be back with more silly questions..lol)

If your modulator has 2 coax terminals, antenna input and RF output: It's an AB switch already.
DTV converter coax output can be wired to the modulator coax antenna in.
Modulator output to TV.
(Guessing it's an RCA brand modulator, I've used in the past)
When there's no signal on the modulators video (Yellow) input it will connect the DTV converter to the TV.
Turn on the FTA box - video present on the modulators input - it switches to that.

hello,
I never took this out of the box because I became frustrated on how to hook up to a digi converter box!
I have a 32" "Element" HDLED TV wal-mart clearance special for 150 beans, it has three (3) HDMI connectors.
do I simply connect one single HDMI cord to the satellite receiver and then the other end into one of the three on my HD-LED TV?
(I understand how to use remote and get to source hdmi 1, 2, and 3)

and....can I receive a signal through a window with out a metal screen in it?
(I read somewhere that you can?)

Correct. Plug one end of the HDMI cable into the receiver HDMI port and the other end into one of the three HDMI ports on the TV. Place the TV on that same HDMI port number.

Most modern widows have metal in the glass to make more energy efficient. As long as you have an unobstructed line of sight between the dish and the satellite, you may receive a weaker signal through the glass. Some hobbyists replace the glass with a sheet of plexiglass, which is RF transparent.

Status
Please reply by conversation.