Hooking up my dvr

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Lswonmatt

Original poster
Jun 16, 2013
Kentucky
ok guys im new to setting up my own satellite but im giving it a shot anyway.. i have a dish dual tuner vip622 and want to hook it up at my weekend place im only hooking up the dvr to 1 tv no others my question is if i come off of the lnb port 1 with one rg6 cable to the dish separator then to the sat 1 sat 2 input is this all i will need to be able to record one show and watch another channel at the same time? or would i need to come off port 1 and port 2 into a dpp 44 then run a cable to the separator ? or could i just come off the lnb port 1 with a rg6 cable to sat 1 port and another rg6 off the lnb port 2 straight into the sat 2 port ?

Like i said i new but im guessing any one of these ways would work just trying to get some more input on it and which way would be the easiest before i start buying stuff i wont need.

Using a separator all you need is run a single RG6 from the LNB to the receiver. No switch, no second line.
The LNB on the dish must be a DPP TWIN not a Dish Pro or Legacy TWIN. Only the DPP works with a separator. New 1000.2 and 1000.4 dishes have DPP technology built in.

Do NOT use a DPP44 unless you're an International package subscriber. Way too much complexity (and power consumption) where an appropriate (and considerably less expensive) LNB assembly will do.

DishPro+ (DPP) stacks two tuner's worth of signal on a single coax and the separator breaks it out for the DVR's two tuners.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts