Hooking up projector to TV2

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dvdb726

Original poster
Feb 18, 2010
West Michigan
I am trying to hookup a projector to TV2 to the coaxial plug that is receiving the signal from the dvr, I have purhased a modulator, hooked up the coaxial from the wall coax to the coax on the modulator and tried both RGA plugs and tried a video S cable tonight still no success...I have called Dish Network they said to use the USB port, the USB poprt on my projector says it is for still pictures only.

I have an In focus LP600 projector and a 722 dvr receiver

Do I need to change a setting in the DVR receiver in order for the projector to recognize the signal all it says now is "searching"

That projector will not accept a modulated signal. It requires a straight video signal. Which the 722 does not output on TV2. You need to use the TV1 outputs to drive this projector by Composite or component.

BTW.....:welcome

gdarwin is correct, projector's don't accept modulated signals (or at least none that I'm aware of do). The modulator you purchased does the reverse of what your are wanting (i.e. takes input from the RCA connectors and converts to a channel on coaxX). Projector needs composite (yellow), component (Red Blue Green), or HDMI connection. If the only thing you have at the projector location is coax, you need something like a VCR to convert from COAX to component (coax into VCR, then video out to projector with composite or component).

The 722 has a composite output on TV2. You can either connect that or get an RF tuner to decode the RF output of TV2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)