Hooking up satellite equipment

johnny58259

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 26, 2007
Ok since the dispute is going on with Viacom on directv I thought about hooking my dishnetwork system back up why I wait since I have a VIP 211 and a VIP 222k just wondering do I need the dish dp 44 switch that was hooked to it before. My dish is prolly 75 to 100 ft away from receivers. I have a dish 100.2 and a dish 100.4 I know I only need one dish but a friend of mine gave me a 100.4 eastern arc dish. The 1000.2 is western arc. Also which is better eastern arc or western arc

The arc to use will depend on where you live. Since they are DPP dishes, you will not need a DPP44. Run one line from the LNB to each receiver, and use a DPP separator at the 222k since it is a dual tuner.

If you post your zip code, I'll let you know which arc would be preferred

Hey matt one more? I thought about ditching direct and completely returning to dish but if I come back as a new customer can I get the dish America pack back cause they are not listed on the website unless you are a subscriber just curious if they are trying to get rid of these packs. Also I was told y'all have a long term contract with Viacom and just curious how long is long cause I wonder if y'all will have the same problem as directv is and how are y'all coming with the amc dispute?

Yes, you can subscribe to the DISH America pacakge. We do not have these listed at dish.com because the DISH America packages no longer receive a new customer discount.

The arc to use will depend on where you live. Since they are DPP dishes, you will not need a DPP44. Run one line from the LNB to each receiver, and use a DPP separator at the 222k since it is a dual tuner.

If you post your zip code, I'll let you know which arc would be preferred
Mattg I think he may need the DPP44 with the 1000.2 seeing it was hooked that way before, it is probably older electronics. If he posts his zip code so he can be identified for arcs you should explain what programs are available for subscription seeing I don't think he wants a 2 year contract.

Mattg I think he may need the DPP44 with the 1000.2 seeing it was hooked that way before, it is probably older electronics. If he posts his zip code so he can be identified for arcs you should explain what programs are available for subscription seeing I don't think he wants a 2 year contract.

The DPP44 is not necessary, but if it's easier for him to do it that way, he would be able to do so.

I had a 1000plus before that looked at 4 sats 129 118.7 119 and 110 that's prolly part of the reason for the dp44 switch just didn't know if the dish was too far away maybe I would need the switch cause the dp44 has a power supply on it

I had a 1000plus before that looked at 4 sats 129 118.7 119 and 110 that's prolly part of the reason for the dp44 switch just didn't know if the dish was too far away maybe I would need the switch cause the dp44 has a power supply on it

100 feet away is fine. You probably needed the DPP44 because the majority of "older" 1000+ setups required the DPP44

yup that would be it as the original Dish 1000+ setups required a DPP44+ (wasnt Raleigh HD locals on 118.7 originally)

The new 1000.2 & 1000.4 work fine with no switch

Also the hopper is a nice setup but the extra fees is what kinda gets me cause I would like a dvr but the months I didn't use the dvr service could I turn off the dvr service and not get charged for it and also if I didn't need to work the dvr in other rooms could I just use joeys and not pay the whole home fee.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts