Hopeful new D* sub

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

melloyello75

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 31, 2004
Hey guys I am a current HD cable user and I am thinking about switching to D* b/c of NFL ST. I have a couple of noob q's though. There is a deal right now for a 3 room system including a 40 GB Directv DVR free A/R, free install, and 4 free months w/ total choice premiere. I need the HD so I was considering upgrading one of the boxes to an HD one any suggestions on which HD box? Also can I add the 6 mo's free HD sub with the 1st offer? All the CSR's say yes but they are trying to close me. I understand that I have to pay $5 for tivo as well as programming for each box but can I get a tivof or the HD box too that would record HD? And would I only pay the Tivo fee ($5) one time even though I have 2 of them running? Thanks all help would be greatly appreciated.

hey mello, i work for dtv and yeah you can get the 6 months free offer of the hd package by committing to a year of it; if you get an HD-DVR then you only pay the 4.99 dvr service per acct not per ird; the services mirrors to all the units in your house; it also free with the premier package. Hope this has been helpful.

Are you talking about the box thats 1000 bux? I was hoping I could get the $300 HD receiver and add Tivo, is this possible?

You can, but the only downfall is you can't record HD. If you have no problems with this then getting the HTL-HD (very good box) and a Directivo is no problem.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)