Hopper 015 issue and fix....

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

thxtech

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 24, 2011
Yesterday I did a single Hopper install for a customer. This would be about the 25th or so Hopper/Joey install for me and the very first that didn't go perfectly at install. Issue was; downloaded the software at the shop (I always do this with hoppers to save a little time in the field) installed 1000.4 WA, new coax to single node, used 4ft piece of existing rg6 from node to wall plate, made sure passthrough was high frequency, new rg6 from wall plate to Hopper. Connected Hooper and powered up. Normally, the Hopper would start at 015 and progress through it, and wind up on the last step of the wizard ready for activation in about 5 minutes. This time, it would not proceed past 015. In fact, it would start at 1 of 5 and within 10 seconds go to 0 of 5 and then stay there indefinitely. No amount of rebooting, power cord pulls, or menu resets would change anything. So I started replacing things. Node, no change. Lnb, no difference. Replaced fitting behind wall plate (the only one I didn't put on myself) no joy. Replaced existing high frequency barrel at wall plate.... Bingo!!! Ran through the test like a champ and I activated 10 minutes later.
You just can't assume anything is correct unless you do it yourself.

I've seem to remember a couple posts about bad barrels. Good advice, need to check everything!

About half of those jobs were 2 Hopper multi Joey installs. Not been a problem so far. Been very careful about activating the hoppers first, getting video, then attaching Joey's one at a time to download. Of course, I could always run into bad connectors or defective gear, but overall, I've found the HJ system to be nice and relatively hassle free to install.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)