SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 25, 2005
North Carolina, USA
hi.
i live in Wilmington, NC
i currently have a 1000.2 dish that catches
72, 77, and 61.5
from what i understand if i upgrade all i need to do is get a hybrid LNBF with the solo hub. but i also read that i only need to catch 61.5 and 72. why not 77?
so if i switch out the LNBf and hub i should be good to go?
thanks for any pointers.
....koe

hi.
i live in Wilmington, NC
72, 77, and 61.5
from what i understand if i upgrade all i need to do is get a hybrid LNBF with the solo hub. but i also read that i only need to catch 61.5 and 72. why not 77?
thanks for any pointers.
....koe
From my understanding, yes, that's all you need. Just make sure you have the right hybrid lnbf, as there are 2 compatible versions. Product descriptions will explain what compatible frequencies each one has.

hi.
i live in Wilmington, NC
72, 77, and 61.5
thanks for any pointers.
....koe
You need to check which satellite your locals are on, if they are on 77 you will need it otherwise you won't.

hi.
i live in Wilmington, NC
72, 77, and 61.5
thanks for any pointers.
....koe

If your dish gets 77 then it's a 1000.4 which is not compatible with the EA Hybrid.

So, are you saying if I upgrade to the H3 then I would lose my 77 access?

I've never tried it but has anyone ever rigged a 1000.2 yoke on a 1000.4 dish?

Been thinking about giving it a go, the .4 is a better dish IMO.

ok i was confused because i saw one for east and one for west and figured if west uses the 1000.2 and the east uses the 1000.4 they would have made them to be compatable

No, the Hybrid LNB only fits 1000.2 dishes. As you know there's a version for the EA and one for the WA.

I've never tried it but has anyone ever rigged a 1000.2 yoke on a 1000.4 dish?

Been thinking about giving it a go, the .4 is a better dish IMO.
I was going to try it, it should work if you change the plastic piece that holds the LNB.
But it started getting cold out, so I didn't try the conversation.
I may try it still though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I would see some issues with the reflection. Isn't the reflection on the 1k.4 different because of the parabolic shape? Deeper on the 1k.4

I would see some issues with the reflection. Isn't the reflection on the 1k.4 different because of the parabolic shape? Deeper on the 1k.4
I think that's why the LNB arm is longer on the 1.4 then the 1.2.
Also they are virtually the same shape just one is bigger. But they both are the same round.
I'll mess with it tomorrow maybe.

I'll check it out at some point.
Worst case, It is lower signal, Best case it's a Better signal .

I was going to try it, it should work if you change the plastic piece that holds the LNB.
But it started getting cold out, so I didn't try the conversation.
I may try it still though.

I cutoff the plastic piece and the installer tried it. It fits but he could not receive both satellites, only one or the other so had to switch out the 1000.4 for the 1000.2.

I cutoff the plastic piece and the installer tried it. It fits but he could not receive both satellites, only one or the other so had to switch out the 1000.4 for the 1000.2.

Was that a 1k4 ea or wa? I was thinking of trying it on a .4 wa.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)