Hopper 3 and diplexer

B

brownover

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 9, 2006
north carolina
Haven't seen a discussion on this subject lately. I know in previous discussions it was stated "no diplexer with hopper 3 because of moca disturbance. And according to what I read dish moca operates at 650 to 875 mhz.

With this in mind, none of the ota channels I want to receive operate above 600 mhz. And only one channel comes close to that. And I sure hate to run another cable thru walls and floors etc., so does anyone know if it will work if I diplex the ota and dish since none of my ota frequencies get close to 650 MHz? Thanks for your help.

Z

Ziptied

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 16, 2011
West coast
Haven't seen a discussion on this subject lately. I know in previous discussions it was stated "no diplexer with hopper 3 because of moca disturbance. And according to what I read dish moca operates at 650 to 875 mhz.

With this in mind, none of the ota channels I want to receive operate above 600 mhz. And only one channel comes close to that. And I sure hate to run another cable thru walls and floors etc., so does anyone know if it will work if I diplex the ota and dish since none of my ota frequencies get close to 650 MHz? Thanks for your help.

Only one way to find out for sure.

navychop

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
Not gonna work. Interference, regardless of what is actually watched.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Claude Greiner

Claude Greiner

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Detroit - The Paris of the Midwest
These days it’s a good idea to run double rg6 cable to every room. Same goes for Ethernet cable. The general rule of thumb these days is 2 of each connection in every room.

2 is still not enough.

I ran 4 coax to every plate in my house. 2 cat5 wish I had run more.

New House Photos