Hopper 3 and NetFlix app

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

IndyBob

Original poster
Jun 14, 2020
Indianapolis, IN
When trying to use the Netflix app on the Hopper 3 I get a “Check Device Power”.
This happens most of the time. Once in awhile it will go to the app but most of the time it will not.

IMG_2255.jpeg

Any thoughts on what is causing this problem?

Thanks

Hey IndyBob! We absolutely hate to hear that you're experiencing issues with the Hopper and the Netflix app. From the looks of your picture, it looks like the TV has given you a no signal error. Did the Hopper happen to reset itself?

Reactions: TheKrell
I also have Netflix issues on my Hopper 3 when exiting the app most of the time I don't get the resuming session I get a quick white flash and then back to Live TV but withing 30 seconds to a min my display turns all green, I then have to power off the TV or switch the imput to different HDMI and then come back to Hopper 3 input and display is back to normal.

I also have Netflix issues on my Hopper 3 when exiting the app most of the time I don't get the resuming session I get a quick white flash and then back to Live TV but withing 30 seconds to a min my display turns all green, I then have to power off the TV or switch the imput to different HDMI and then come back to Hopper 3 input and display is back to normal.

I stopped using the Netflix app on my previous Hopper with Sling. It was locking up when exiting and would require a power reset to even put the Hopper in stand by. I have not used the Netflix app on the new Hopper 3 at all due to the issues I had with it on the HWS. I will access it through my Roku as that has far fewer issues than the app on the Hopper.

No Hopper 3 here, but on my sister's Wally, every time she launches or exits Netflix, there is a flash of a blue screen, indicating that the TV is momentarily not getting any signal. The point is that the launch and exit is not a smooth process, so it could very easily cause the issue shown in the first post.

Also, on my Hopper Duo with the latest software U648, I still occasionally get the issue where after launching Netflix with the voice command "Netflix" and selecting a show, it will not automatically start playing the episode. Then, after selecting the Play option on the screen, the progress only gets to 25% and then freezes. Exiting the Netflix app and then launching it again by going to channel 302 fixes this issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)