Hopper 3 audio breakups

lparsons21

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 17, 2009
Herrin, IL 62948
Currently my Hopper 3 is connected via HDMI to my 4K tv with optical audio from the tv going to my AV receiver.

I keep getting some audio breakups that I didn't notice when the H3 was connected straight to the AV receiver.

Is anyone else seeing this issue, and if so, how or did you fix it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Currently my Hopper 3 is connected via HDMI to my 4K tv with optical audio from the tv going to my AV receiver.

I keep getting some audio breakups that I didn't notice when the H3 was connected straight to the AV receiver.

Is anyone else seeing this issue, and if so, how or did you fix it?

Just out of curiosity, what does your av say it's audio input is when tuned to a dolby broadcast?

Depends on what I'm watching. With shows live or recorded I get either DD or stereo depending on show/channel. With Netflix I get stereo and consequently don't watch Netflix form the H3

Depends on what I'm watching. With shows live or recorded I get either DD or stereo depending on show/channel. With Netflix I get stereo and consequently don't watch Netflix form the H3

Maybe update the tv firmware.

Thanks. All of that has been done. In the back of my mind I keep thinking that it is because I'm taking the HDMI audio and then the tv is taking that and sending it out via I optical with some circuitry, and that it is that circuitry that is the issue. Assuming I'm correct, then the choice is to take the H3 back to the AVR directly via HDMI and lose 4K until I decide to get a more current AVR.

Thanks. All of that has been done. In the back of my mind I keep thinking that it is because I'm taking the HDMI audio and then the tv is taking that and sending it out via I optical with some circuitry, and that it is that circuitry that is the issue. Assuming I'm correct, then the choice is to take the H3 back to the AVR directly via HDMI and lose 4K until I decide to get a more current AVR.

Wonder if an hdmi splitter off the H3 then run hdmi to both tv and av.

Wonder if an hdmi splitter off the H3 then run hdmi to both tv and av.
I thought about that, but I'll need to do some re-jiggering of things to set up the home theater a bit differently. Currently have 9 things attached and it took a little bit of effort to make it all controllable from the Harmony 1.

I thought about that, but I'll need to do some re-jiggering of things to set up the home theater a bit differently. Currently have 9 things attached and it took a little bit of effort to make it all controllable from the Harmony 1.
Ok, you just need an excuse to buy a new avr. Tell the wife you checked everywhere and you are stuck.... the only solution is a new avr. :) Exactly what I plan on doing.......

Reactions: charlesrshell
No wife, but before I buy another AVR I need to get off my lazy butt and sell some of my collection of them. I hate selling on Craigslist because of the scammers that always seem to show up, and Ebay just doesn't get it!

I've got 2 Denons and 2 Harman Kardons just gathering dust. Well one of the Denons is currently in use. :)

Sent from my App Runtime for Chrome using Tapatalk

Reactions: spoiler1041
A DSP-A1000 with a T-1000 separate tuner, both old school, about 25 years old, and a newer model, not sure which one, maybe the RXV2300.

Reactions: TheLip

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)