Hopper 3 Feature Sheet

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I know we've been hearing the 52 remote will ship at launch, but that documentation has me wondering otherwise. Still going to assume 52 and will be pleasantly surprised if it's the 50

Am I the only one that does not like that remote? I'm glad I will still be able to use my current Hopper remote.
I agree - I will stock up on the old 40 model remotes and more than likely stay with them. We really enjoy the one button closed captions feature plus I can operate the remote by touch in the bedroom when the glasses are off and the lights are out.
We got one of the LG 55 inch TV's about 4 years ago that came with their "smart" remote where you needed to point and select what you wanted. Tried to live with that for a year then found a "normal" remote that worked and started using that. I guess I'm not "smart" enough for the next generation of remotes.

I am going to request the installer to keep the 50/52 remote and bring me a 40.0 remote.

I wonder if the same 200' rule still applies between the hopper and joey(s) regarding moca 2.0. Does moca 2.0 carry further?

Who is this document intended for ? Doesn't seem like it's for users with the inclusion of things like:
  • Upgraded embedded TSIO securit
  • Targeted advertising via INVIDI
  • Viewer measurement
  • Set-top-box health reporting
  • Temperature management
Is Echostar offering this (in the future) to other satellite TV companies ?

They don't call the 4 or 6-window "sports bar mode" either, instead, "Customizable video mosaic screen shows selected live channels".

What is "Up to 9-day Picture-in-Guide with optional widescreen electronic program guide (EPG)", specifically the optional widescreen EPG part ?

Lastly, for the home media server, is officially supporting MKV new ? It's hit or miss, mostly miss, with the Hopper w/Sling, in my experience.

Reactions: Foxbat
I agree - I will stock up on the old 40 model remotes and more than likely stay with them. We really enjoy the one button closed captions feature plus I can operate the remote by touch in the bedroom when the glasses are off and the lights are out.
We got one of the LG 55 inch TV's about 4 years ago that came with their "smart" remote where you needed to point and select what you wanted. Tried to live with that for a year then found a "normal" remote that worked and started using that. I guess I'm not "smart" enough for the next generation of remotes.

I have an LG TV with that remote as well. I don't use it much and when I do I find myself using the arrow buttons on it more that the pointer.

Who is this document intended for ? Doesn't seem like it's for users with the inclusion of things like:
  • Upgraded embedded TSIO securit
  • Targeted advertising via INVIDI
  • Viewer measurement
  • Set-top-box health reporting
  • Temperature management
Is Echostar offering this (in the future) to other satellite TV companies ?

They don't call the 4 or 6-window "sports bar mode" either, instead, "Customizable video mosaic screen shows selected live channels".

What is "Up to 9-day Picture-in-Guide with optional widescreen electronic program guide (EPG)", specifically the optional widescreen EPG part ?

Lastly, for the home media server, is officially supporting MKV new ? It's hit or miss, mostly miss, with the Hopper w/Sling, in my experience.
Maybe they're going to try and sell it to BEV (Bell ExpressVu) could call it the "Hopper Eh" version for Canada :)

I have an LG TV with that remote as well. I don't use it much and when I do I find myself using the arrow buttons on it more that the pointer.
Yeah, I have a LG set I bought in 2013 that has that one, not a big fan of it. I like the TV but the remote sucks.

What specs does HWS have that H3 doesn't?

"With many of the features from the HWS included..." Doesn't say "all features".

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

My wife will NEVER use that remote, so at least I'll have one as well.

One disappointment - I was hoping they'd do a little better on energy efficiency - looks like another 95W hot box that runs 24/7 - or is there more info on actual consumption in various modes?

Ummm... The HWS has 3 tuners and the Hopper 3 doesn't? :confused:
I'm gonna take this as a tongue in cheek answer.

The spec sheet doesn't list PTAT, which HWS has. I'd guess this type of feature and it's implementation would be like spec'ing AutoHop. Why not list PTAT-ish capability?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)