Hopper 3 for International Programming

I'm in Cali and have international programming. H3 was installed today along with another dish (1000.2) which is for internationals along with hybrid lnb, old dish which I think is dpp is Now only 110/119/129.

Reactions: Almighty1
I beleive Vivek specifically stated that H3 installs for internationals is indeed supported, but it would require a 2nd wing reflector for 118. He further stated that down the line in the future when more than one H3 per account are alowed, one would need 2 more reflectors--one at standard programming and one wing for 118--to support two H3's until the new LNBF that will support multiple H3's is released by Q4 of this year. Yes, Contact DIRT.

I beleive Vivek specifically stated that H3 installs for internationals is indeed supported, but it would require a 2nd wing reflector for 118. He further stated that down the line in the future when more than one H3 per account are alowed, one would need 2 more reflectors--one at standard programming and one wing for 118--to support two H3's until the new LNBF that will support multiple H3's is released by Q4 of this year. Yes, Contact DIRT.
There is not a new LNBF, it is a new switch, the DPH42. Also he didn't specifically say that they would allow more than one Hopper 3 per account, but inferred it.

There is not a new LNBF, it is a new switch, the DPH42. Also he didn't specifically say that they would allow more than one Hopper 3 per account, but inferred it.
Thank you for the correction. You are right. I got may LNBF's and switches mixed up. Thanks again.

LNB's are the things that go on the DISHes, are switches the ones that looks like a splitter?
Yes, the LNBF (low noise block-downconverter feed) is at the end of the arm in front of the reflector. A switch looks similar to a large splitter with multiple inputs and outputs. Some require a power inserter, some are powered by the receiver(s) they are connected to.

What does the switch actually do and as far as power goes, wouldn't the customer know if they require the power inserter since if it's at a house as in single family home, I don't think there is power readily available on the roof.

I have south Asian as well I was on WA with a Dish plus. They put on EA 72 and 61.5 and changed the lnb on the Dish plus to an older type to support 118.

How does one find out which satellites are used because when I went to both System Status and Check Switch, all it shows is 110, 118, 119. Doesn't show anything else. Is 118 and 119 basically the same thing?

V1DpIdO.jpg

FriIBAX.jpg

KUSVYGL.jpg

118 and 119 are not the same thing. 118 carries your international programming. 119 carries domestic programming and, in your case, many of your local HD channels. 110 carries more domestic programming. Without 129 you will not get most of the domestic programming in HD...

118 and 119 are not the same thing. 118 carries your international programming. 119 carries domestic programming and, in your case, many of your local HD channels. 110 carries more domestic programming. Without 129 you will not get most of the domestic programming in HD...

Thanks, it seems like I have all the domestic programming in HD though and I don't have 129. What's channels are on 129 though? I was looking up 129 and it seems Comedy Central is on 129 on channel 107 for Comedy Central HD. When I bring up my Guide, I only see 2 entries for 107, Comedy Central and Comedy Central VOD HD, is that different than Comedy Central HD? I thought 110 and 119 were required but 129 was not and then 118 is for international. Just wanted to make sure that I have everything when the H3 gets installed in a few hours, so basically I would only need 110, 119, 129 and also 118. It seems according to the chart here, some domestic channels are on 61, 72, 77 as well:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/thelist...7dn105dn110dn118dn119dn121dn129dn148&sub=true

Seems like based on the document here on page 4:
http://caottimail.com/InstallationReference.pdf

I should have been given the 1000+ instead as it's basically the 500+ with 129.

It seems like the 1000.4 is the only thing that has a EA version and the only one that has 61, 72, 77. Am I correct that 61, 72, 77 has basically the same channels as 110, 119, 129 except it's for the EA while everything else is for WA as 110, 119, 129 is listed for everything else. Only the 500 series seems to either have 110 and not 129 or it has 129 but not 110.

Also, is Wing the same thing as just a second dish?

Last edited:
Anyone from VA who has H3 with internationals working? I have 118 but not using it. Wouldn't want to loose it and therefore might just wait it out.

Wing is a second dish. 129 carries most of the HD channels, 110 and 119 carry most of the SD channels. In your example, Comedy Channel (107) is on 119 and is the SD feed. You would need 129 to get it in HD. Your tech with change you out to what you need and that should include 110, 118, 119, and 129....

What does the switch actually do and as far as power goes, wouldn't the customer know if they require the power inserter since if it's at a house as in single family home, I don't think there is power readily available on the roof.
A switch is used to split the signal from the LNBF coming in or to combine and then split more than one LNBF. When a switch is powered, the power travels along the coaxial cable and goes into a power inserter in the house. It really isn't anything for you to worry about, if your not the techie type about this stuff.

Wing is a second dish. 129 carries most of the HD channels, 110 and 119 carry most of the SD channels. In your example, Comedy Channel (107) is on 119 and is the SD feed. You would need 129 to get it in HD. Your tech with change you out to what you need and that should include 110, 118, 119, and 129....

That was what I thought Wing meant but just wanted to be sure about the different terms. I see Comedy Central actually listed 8 times as the HD is also on 110. I show a Comedy Central HD VOD on my guide which isn't even listed in that listing unless it's the one being HD on channel 107.

Am I correct that either one has 110/119/129 as a set or 61/72/77 as a set as it seems like the dish's will support one set but not both sets. And from that document I linked, it seems the installer was supposed to install something for 129 on the 500+ but didn't. Researching a bit further, it seems like the former is Western Arc and the later is Eastern Arc, are they basically the same channels. Any advantage of using one set vs the other in terms of the video and audio quality?

A switch is used to split the signal from the LNBF coming in or to combine and then split more than one LNBF. When a switch is powered, the power travels along the coaxial cable and goes into a power inserter in the house. It really isn't anything for you to worry about, if your not the techie type about this stuff.

Being a Astrophysicist, just was curious. LOL. I kept thinking it might need external power or something. Never been up to the roof of my house before because my ladders are not tall enough and I know the technician from 2012 used a Little Giant Ladder.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)