Hopper 3/Joey 3 Wiring

ToddW65

Original poster
Apr 1, 2004
Posting this as a separate question since the subject is different than my other post and this question may have gotten lost. Hope that's ok.

My current wiring is all recent (late 2015) so the wiring itself should all be good. Currently I have 1 Hopper, 1 Super Joey, and 2 Joeys. All are wired per the attached diagram.

Installer is coming Saturday to install a new H3 and 3 Joeys. Rep said wiring would all remain the same but I'm suspicious of that. I found this diagram and I'm assuming this will actually be the layout minus one 3-way splitter and 3 of the joeys.

Am I correct? If so, can the solo hub be installed outside or does it need to be inside?

Attachments

• Diagram.JPG
    Diagram.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 16,389
The coax wiring will be the same. The peripheral equipment will change a bit though. A lot depends on whether the installer uses a hybrid LNB or a 42 switch. The integrator will be removed, the Node changed to a Hub. The Hub can be inside or outside, it just depends upon where all the coaxes meet.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Posting this as a separate question since the subject is different than my other post and this question may have gotten lost. Hope that's ok.

My current wiring is all recent (late 2015) so the wiring itself should all be good. Currently I have 1 Hopper, 1 Super Joey, and 2 Joeys. All are wired per the attached diagram.

Installer is coming Saturday to install a new H3 and 3 Joeys. Rep said wiring would all remain the same but I'm suspicious of that. I found this diagram and I'm assuming this will actually be the layout minus one 3-way splitter and 3 of the joeys.

Am I correct? If so, can the solo hub be installed outside or does it need to be inside?
The Node and integrator will be replaced by a smaller Solo Hub and a simple two-way splitter. I suspect the tech will replace your dish or LNB, if so then you'll only have one coax from the dish to the Hub. You don't need a switch for your setup unless the tech is feeling lazy.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts