Hopper 3 Monthly Charge

az99

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 27, 2014
What is the total monthly charge for a Hopper 3? I am considering changing from 2 Hoppers to a Hopper 3. I am being charged $24 per month for the 2 Hoppers.

Thanx

What is the total monthly charge for a Hopper 3? I am considering changing from 2 Hoppers to a Hopper 3. I am being charged $24 per month for the 2 Hoppers.

Thanx

So you'd probably replace the 2 Hoppers with a Hopper 3 for $15 a month and another Joey for $7, so your bill should go down $2 a month.

Thanx
The Hopper 3 upgrade can change depending on the account. The DVR fee is $15 a month compared to the $12 now. Additional Joey's are $7 each a month. Contact us directly with a Private Message and we can check the specifics of your account.

Actually 3 Tv's. I already have a Joey and know that needs to be changed also. I was just questioning the DVR pricing portion of it.

Thanx

The Dish fees are what drove me away. I miss the Hopper, but after 15 years being with Dish I was tired of paying so much for so little, and I turned to the dark side of Xfinitiy.

While the Xfinity DVR is junk it is hard to argue against the bundling with Comcast. Ironically I had called Dish to tell them I was thinking of leaving and they said sorry I was unhappy. When I cancelled not much effort to keep me, next day I got a call from a special team wanting to know why I left after 15 years, that's when they wanted to waive all the DVR and maintenance fees and lower my package rate, too late.

While the Xfinity DVR is junk it is hard to argue against the bundling with Comcast. Ironically I had called Dish to tell them I was thinking of leaving and they said sorry I was unhappy. When I cancelled not much effort to keep me, next day I got a call from a special team wanting to know why I left after 15 years, that's when they wanted to waive all the DVR and maintenance fees and lower my package rate, too late.
IN other words a Day late and many dollars short .:smug

Reactions: charlesrshell
When I cancelled both accounts after 17 plus years, they immediately made a very generous offer for me to remain. I had already switched my tivos to Cox and was locked in, so I went ahead and cancelled but they were more than willing to accommodate me. I just wish they had made that offer before I decided to switch and called in. I really do think Dish needs to make more of an effort to keep long term customers with offers and discounts without the customer having to initiate it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

When I cancelled both accounts after 17 plus years, they immediately made a very generous offer for me to remain. I had already switched my tivos to Cox and was locked in, so I went ahead and cancelled but they were more than willing to accommodate me. I just wish they had made that offer before I decided to switch and called in. I really do think Dish needs to make more of an effort to keep long term customers with offers and discounts without the customer having to initiate it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Like loyalty discounts applied to your account for staying with DISH maybe? I have been saying that very thing for the last week, that loyalty discounts applied to your account for staying past your commitment , so much for each year ,up to a certain maxed out limit , would be very welcome. Personally ,I would love it if DISH would just comp the fees off the accounts for the dvrs and for the additional receiver fees on your account. Those fees to me are what make me the maddest , followed by the yearly price increases for basic programming. One increase is supposedly fought by DISH against the programmers and the other is initiated by DISH against the subs.

IF you think about it though people like to feel that they are getting discounts off of their accounts that makes them feel like they are getting value and being thrifty too. DISH is now posting on your programming section online and on your bills the following two things to make you feel like you are getting something like a discount. One is the FIRST receiver fee at $00 - But can run from $7.00 - $17.00. The other is the HD Free for LIFE at $00 but that is usually at $10.00 a month. As long as you have auto bill pay you shouldn't have to pay for HD at all ,especially since hd has been around since 2003 and is pretty much the norm and not a premium. The first receiver fee has never been charged by DISH- except when they call it a DVR fee instead.

But imagine instead, you get an email from DISH at the end of the two year commitment with them, saying that your two years entitles you to a loyalty discount of say $10.00 for a year on your account and then after that year you get $15.00 off your account, next year $20.00 off , up to a max out of $30.00 off a month, as long as you stay with DISH , keep auto pay and pay on time . Then that way you would actually get your various DISH fees comped and you could feel like your loyalty with DISH has paid off. The churn would be a lot less with this strategy then the present model, where only the new subs get the discounts and the rest of us have to call in to negotiate a discount every 6 months to a year. Wouldn't you feel more loyal to a tv company that rewarded you with credits off ,rather than just hike your bill each year and or add more fees to your account and expect you to keep on paying and taking it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)