Hopper 3 / Netflix ui-113

Lee Rose

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 30, 2016
Los Angeles
After having the Hopper 2 system replaced by Dish to solve the Netflix ui-113 error, I'm getting the same error on the Hopper 3 system. It's hit or miss to get Netflix to go. Seems like the logo loads and then if there is a screen flash, it fails w/the ui-113 error. It still shows green checks on the Network test in the Netflix app. I can "retry" and fail or have it work. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it. Happens on Hopper and the Joeys. It's weird because I have no problem logging in and getting Pandora to run on the Hopper and all the Joeys.

Guessing it's a Netflix App issue from Dish.

Set up is;
Time Warner 300mps Cable internet
Arris SB6183 Cable Modem
Asus RT-AC68U Router (with LAN out #4 feeding)
Netgear Fast 4 port Switch (At Hopper)
Using MoCa to provide internet to Joeys

After having the Hopper 2 system replaced by Dish to solve the Netflix ui-113 error, I'm getting the same error on the Hopper 3 system. It's hit or miss to get Netflix to go. Seems like the logo loads and then if there is a screen flash, it fails w/the ui-113 error. It still shows green checks on the Network test in the Netflix app. I can "retry" and fail or have it work. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it. Happens on Hopper and the Joeys. It's weird because I have no problem logging in and getting Pandora to run on the Hopper and all the Joeys.

Guessing it's a Netflix App issue from Dish.

Set up is;
Time Warner 300mps Cable internet
Arris SB6183 Cable Modem
Asus RT-AC68U Router (with LAN out #4 feeding)
Netgear Fast 4 port Switch (At Hopper)
Using MoCa to provide internet to Joeys

I tried the Netflix app when I got my Hopper 3 and the picture was crap. I went back to using the Roku. By far the best device for Netflix. It works better for Netflix that other devices I have tried, and that's a lot! Just my thoughts.

Try by passing your switch or using wireless to see if that helps. I had to remove my switch to get a consistent connection.

I tried the Netflix app when I got my Hopper 3 and the picture was crap. I went back to using the Roku. By far the best device for Netflix. It works better for Netflix that other devices I have tried, and that's a lot! Just my thoughts.
I have Netflix on my Hopper 3, Roku, Apple TV, Bluray player, and Sharp TV. I've watched programming from all of them and they all look pretty much the same to me. That said, as along as the Hopper 3 has Netflix in stereo only, no 5.1, I won't even consider using it.

Reactions: chris sawtelle