Hopper 3 "No Information Available" in guide...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

brad1138

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2006
Red Dwarf
Just installed and activated my H3 this morning, but the guide shows "No Information Available" for most all channels, and for all channels past 3 hours out. I can't imagine PTAT can work w/o a guide and I can't set any recordings.

Anyone know of a way to force guide download?

Just installed and activated my H3 this morning, but the guide shows "No Information Available" for most all channels, and for all channels past 3 hours out. I can't imagine PTAT can work w/o a guide and I can't set any recordings.

Anyone know of a way to force guide download?

If you read the majority of these threads they talk just about that. So far there are two ways that I personally have seen work.

1) Put the Hopper and all your Joey's in Standby mode (remember the Joey's are set to not-standby by default) and wait for the overnight refresh. Again, everything needs to be in standby (moving Select OK to watch) screen. Then turn off the TV's and go to sleep.

2) Someone just reported they had success navigating to the Diagnostics screen (Menu/Settings/Diagnostics/Status/Check Status5 (on the right). It will do a what was called a Check Switch. Someone just reported that they did the Check Switch and then the receiver downloaded the guide.

Other than that, it's sit and wait.. BTW Number 1 worked for me after 4 days, I put all Joey's into Standby, powered off (standby) the Hopper, the next morning everything was there.

I tried the check switch test, also unplugged the Hopper and that didn't help, but when I shut off the H3 and Joeys, waited a half hour and turned them back on, all was good. The guide is fully populated.

Thanks.

The best thing you can do in order to avoid frustration is to be patient and wait a few days to try anything other than watching live TV and recording a few shows. I recommend dipping your toe into the Hopper 3 water before just jumping all the way in. You'll be in for fewer surprises this way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)