Hopper 3 on non-4K?

mlinuxg

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 12, 2003
Does the Hopper 3 work with non 4K TVs?

I just contacted a Dish customer service representative who told me that since I don't have a 4K TV that the Hopper 3 would not display the best picture quality on my 720P TV.

Is this true?

When asked (about 4K TV) just say yes, to appease their ordering system.

The installer left my Hopper on 720p. I did not realize it right away but the picture was on the soft side. When I switched it to 1080p it snapped to life! I 'only' have a 1080p display.

Just had my install done yesterday. The tech loved me, I have 2 rg6 quad and 2 cat5 ran to every television set, all labeled. Honestly took longer to download software then do the install. He was also very diligent with setting every box to 1080p and to 4K on the hopper. I use to have directv back in the h/hu card days. Only went to cable because my daughter was young and we could use on demand for her kiddie shows. Loving dish and the fact you can do on demand now.. Was also shocked that I only needed one dish and a single line from the lnb. Satellite has changed a lot

Reactions: Foxbat
Here's an odd question, and yes I have an 'old' HDTV, in fact all four are non 4K and have Hopper 3 and 3 4K Joeys and they all work... but back to my question... is the guide 4K? Like is there a noticeable difference in how the guide looks on a 4K tv compared to regular HDTV? I am not talking about upscaling which might make a difference, but is the actual guide itself 4K? Does that make any sense?

Here's an odd question, and yes I have an 'old' HDTV, in fact all four are non 4K and have Hopper 3 and 3 4K Joeys and they all work... but back to my question... is the guide 4K? Like is there a noticeable difference in how the guide looks on a 4K tv compared to regular HDTV? I am not talking about upscaling which might make a difference, but is the actual guide itself 4K? Does that make any sense?

I noticed on some of my non-4K tv's I had to adjust the screen position. The exercise where you make sure the circles are fully viewable in each corner.

I noticed on some of my non-4K tv's I had to adjust the screen position. The exercise where you make sure the circles are fully viewable in each corner.

If they are 1080p TVs, make sure that you have the TV's screen setting set to pixel for pixel or the equivalent for your brand, Then the circles are irrelevant.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts