Hopper 3 ?'s

bnewt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 6, 2003
Shepherdsville, Ky
Does the H3 have component out like the HWS?
Are both active at the same time?

I am thinking about changing from 2 HWS to 2 H3, but the H3 must function like the HWS regarding hdmi & component being active at the same time
Will 2 H3 be able to see the other's dvr recordings like the HWS?
Will I be able to connect my wireless joey with the H3?

Reactions: charlesrshell
Does the H3 have component out like the HWS?
Are both active at the same time?

I am thinking about changing from 2 HWS to 2 H3, but the H3 must function like the HWS regarding hdmi & component being active at the same time
Will 2 H3 be able to see the other's dvr recordings like the HWS?
Will I be able to connect my wireless joey with the H3?
Yes, yes, & yes

tried to have a chat session with Dish, but the agent kept telling me there was no way to have 2 Hopper 3's on a single account.
Kept trying to explain that if I purchased 1 of them, it was possible
Got tired of arguing & disconnected

Isn't it possible to have 2 Hopper 3's on an account?

tried to have a chat session with Dish, but the agent kept telling me there was no way to have 2 Hopper 3's on a single account.

Yes

Your best bet is to go ahead and purchase one Hopper 3 from another source. It will likely be cheaper than purchasing one through Dish, anyway, and then you will already have it in your possession. Then, call Dish to schedule your upgrade to the leased Hopper 3. When that is installed, have the installer hook up and activate both of them.

Your best bet is to go ahead and purchase one Hopper 3 from another source. It will likely be cheaper than purchasing one through Dish, anyway, and then you will already have it in your possession. Then, call Dish to schedule your upgrade to the leased Hopper 3. When that is installed, have the installer hook up and activate both of them.
That's true but he better hope that installer has a 42 switch on the truck or it ain't gonna work.

That's true but he better hope that installer has a 42 switch on the truck or it ain't gonna work.
I thought of that. However, at that point, he could refuse the installation unless / until the installer has the necessary equipment to complete the installation of both Hopper 3's. Remember, the lease does not start, and Dish does not get their two-year commitment, until the system is installed. So at that point, they will give him whatever he wants, just to get him locked under contract.

Reactions: tornado
I would add to that.........After paying the installer an agreed upon amount for the required additional equipment and labor, have the installer hook up and activate both of them.

I keep seeing this.

ccaf48896ab2a16900ab4827ffeba9d2.jpg

I saw this when I had Hopper 2 as well. That is why I did not wat to connect Hopper 3 to internet cause of hs annoying reminder.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

here's another question concerning updating to Hopper 3's from HWS...….

One of my HWS is connected to a 2nd tv via cat 6 cable (component) and the main tv is connected via hdmi.
The main tv is 4K while the 2nd tv is 1080i.
How would the Hopper 3 handle this?
Would the main tv be able to receive the 4K display via hdmi even though the 2nd set would only be 1080?

One of my HWS is connected to a 2nd tv via cat 6 cable (component) and the main tv is connected via hdmi.
The main tv is 4K while the 2nd tv is 1080i.
How would the Hopper 3 handle this?
Would the main tv be able to receive the 4K display via hdmi even though the 2nd set would only be 1080?

On the Hopper3 when you are watching a 4K program the component output is shut off and only the HDMI output is live. For 1080i programs both component and HDMI are active.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Just be sure that the Hopper3 that you buy is not a stolen leased unit. I bought a TiVo that was stolen and TiVo turned it on and then 4 months later cut off my service, saying that it was reported stolen. Amazon at first refused to take it back, until I threatened to report them for selling stolen goods. Got my money back real quick after that.

Reactions: HipKat and TheKrell
On the Hopper3 when you are watching a 4K program the component output is shut off and only the HDMI output is live. For 1080i programs both component and HDMI are active.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

thanks for the info

since there isn't much 4K programming via Dish, that shouldn't be an issue

• Love
Reactions: pattykay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)