Hopper 3 software 350

Well the amazon issue is NOT hardware it software on issue on dishes side, as the New H3 did not fix that issue, again Issue dont happen H3 side.

Dont know about other 2 issue I had that point at H3 as cause they are not easily reproducable like amazon app issue, but seeing those happen on both h3 in first place and I just had 1 my h3 replaced to see if it fixed, it unlike any of it hardware, and mostlike software issue specific to my setup

Reactions: charlesrshell
Well the amazon issue is NOT hardware it software on issue on dishes side, as the New H3 did not fix that issue, again Issue dont happen H3 side.

Dont know about other 2 issue I had that point at H3 as cause they are not easily reproducable like amazon app issue, but seeing those happen on both h3 in first place and I just had 1 my h3 replaced to see if it fixed, it unlike any of it hardware, and mostlike software issue specific to my setup
FYI - Dish does not provide the software for the Hopper to receive apps like Amazon, Netflix, etc.

Those apps are written by the programming provider themselves and must be corrected by the provider - in your case Amazon.

There is considerable angst about Netflix and other apps that are glitchy on the Hopper but it is beyond Dish Networks control.

Your best bet is to use an alternative device (Fire Stick, Roku, etc.) to access the problematic programming as the provider may never fix it to you satisfaction.

FYI - Dish does not provide the software for the Hopper to receive apps like Amazon, Netflix, etc.

Those apps are written by the programming provider themselves and must be corrected by the provider - in your case Amazon.

There is considerable angst about Netflix and other apps that are glitchy on the Hopper but it is beyond Dish Networks control.

Your best bet is to use an alternative device (Fire Stick, Roku, etc.) to access the problematic programming as the provider may never fix it to you satisfaction.
Of course we have been telling him this for a very long time. He wants to believe it's a DISH problem and it seems nothing will change his mind.

Wonder why some folks have issues with Netflix & Prime Video and some don't! I think the software got corrupted some how in their Hoppers. Both apps are working flawlessly for us from our Hopper 3. Out of all our apps we subscribe to, Netflix & Prime Video are used the most from our Hopper 3. In all our remote controls including our Joeys, both apps are setup in the left and right diamond buttons. Much faster than using the menu. I am a hero with the wife. Much nicer using one remote control than having to switch to our Firestick.

The tech said other wise dish give then the software to work with and up to dish to make sure it work correct on there platform. if problem with amazon it would not being only happen with joeys 4k but all over platforms and works fine on all, Amazon will provide software yes, but it up dish to make sure proper with there platform.

Seeing dish not gone provide code on there own software anyone. How exaclty is it amazon fault? dish doest not provide there code to anyone. it up dish to make sure it works.

I get that there issue with netflix and amazon app There good reason why dish pulled support for such apps on earlier joeys.

I get easier to just roku box or what ever, but you explain that to 80 mother only know how use it threw dish. and is on will to change there ways. None this change fact issue lies on dish end if it wasnt there tons people complain about this issue on every single platforms which there really isnt.

The tech said other wise dish give then the software to work with and up to dish to make sure it work correct on there platform. if problem with amazon it would not being only happen with joeys 4k but all over platforms and works fine on all, Amazon will provide software yes, but it up dish to make sure proper with there platform.

Seeing dish not gone provide code on there own software anyone. How exaclty is it amazon fault? dish doest not provide there code to anyone. it up dish to make sure it works.

I get that there issue with netflix and amazon app There good reason why dish pulled support for such apps on earlier joeys.
I haven't read these post too closely. Why not swap out your 4KJ for a Joey 4? They are working pretty good for me.

Reactions: TheKrell
I haven't read these post too closely. Why not swap out your 4KJ for a Joey 4? They are working pretty good for me.
Because then he would also have to get a Hopper+. If you think his 80 year old mother has difficulties with anything that is not Dish (Roku), consider the issues trying to comprehend the Joey 4 interface.

The tech said other wise

AHHH! But did a CSR verify such statement as correct? After all, such information is always given first to the lowest levels and percolates upward from there. Certainly no one who has spent years here and working with the equipment would have any ideas.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Although trick play (30 sec skip forward and 10 sec skip back) is working correctly on both of my two Hopper3 receivers, there is a problem using trick play on my Joey3 client or when watching a program recorded on my remote Hopper3. When doing trick play on my Joey3 or remote Hopper3, skip forward does 30 sec and then 1 minute instead of just 30 sec. And skip back does 10 sec and then 20 sec instead of just 10 sec. It appears the action gets repeated twice when viewing on a remote device.
So there is a slight issue with the H350 software and J550 software. But I can live with trick play being doubled when watching a program from a remote hopper3.

I still would like to know what the H350 software addressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I need to withdraw my endorsement of the H350 software. While watching a Hallmark movie recorded on my Living Room Hopper3 on my Family Room Hopper3 I used the skip forward button 4 times in a row to skip 4 minutes of commercials. Twice after doing that my Living Room Hopper3 rebooted. After each reboot when I selected the movie Resume was not an option. I had to start the movie from the beginning and fast forward to where it was before. So it appears that multiple presses of skip ahead causes the Hopper3 to reboot. So H350 is not ready for release.

• Sad

I use my FireStick for all streaming apps. The PQ and audio are much better than through the H3.

So are you suggesting that tsunami2311 and others who have problems with the Amazon app on Dish equipment call Amazon for support? If Amazon developed a fix for an acknowledged problem that is specific to their app as it is deployed on Hopper 3 software, would Amazon deliver a refreshed Amazon app to that specific customer's Hopper 3? I'd think not. Shouldn't the support for Dish-provided software (including 3rd party apps) be provided by Dish, as Dish is the integrator?

When you say it is beyond Dish Network's control...well Dish Network is in control because Dish decided to integrate a 3rd party's app into Dish's software. The customer did not choose to install Prime Video on their Hopper 3. Dish built the Prime Video app into Dish's software. That is different than the customer deciding to go install Prime Video on a Roku device.

Additionally, Amazon's support site lists Dish Network as having set top boxes that support Prime Video, and the information provided under "Support website" for this software on this platform tells the user to go to my.dish.com/support for support.

1687822746894.png

Last edited:
If only it was as simple as "it's this guy's fault" or "it's that guys fault".

The fact is that any app uses services provided by its host (the Hopper in this case). Sometimes the service provided can cause problems, and other times the app can use the service badly. As far as fixing the issue, it's usually up to the app -- Dish wouldn't even have the code, so they couldn't debug the issue. From the standpoint of the app, it's using documented interfaces in a "black box" situation -- if they find a service not behaving as documented, they report it to Dish and Dish would fix their own code.

Expecting Dish to debug and fix every app's problems is like expecting Microsoft to fix every Windows program that doesn't work well. Good luck with that.

If only it was as simple as "it's this guy's fault" or "it's that guys fault".

The fact is that any app uses services provided by its host (the Hopper in this case). Sometimes the service provided can cause problems, and other times the app can use the service badly. As far as fixing the issue, it's usually up to the app -- Dish wouldn't even have the code, so they couldn't debug the issue. From the standpoint of the app, it's using documented interfaces in a "black box" situation -- if they find a service not behaving as documented, they report it to Dish and Dish would fix their own code.

Expecting Dish to debug and fix every app's problems is like expecting Microsoft to fix every Windows program that doesn't work well. Good luck with that.
In this case, Dish has made this app essentially part of their operating system by inextricably bundling it with Hopper software. The user does not have the luxury of force quitting it, uninstalling it, acquiring and reinstalling an updated version of the app as they would on Windows or a platform like Roku. The user relies on Dish to supply a refreshed version of their software that would include a refreshed version of the Amazon app. Nobody's suggesting that Dish debug every app's problems. However, Dish as the integrator of a Dish software bundle, should own the problem determination and resolution, and coordinate with the app supplier because it is a Dish software bundle that is installed on the Hopper.

I had a Roku, an AppleTV, and a FireTV stick long before DISH added the Prime app. I've had some issues with all of them accessing and playing Prime events from time to time. Admittedly moreso with my Hopper. However Amazon has a very bad reputation with their app on various streaming devices.

I guess I've been lucky with Prime. I've used it on both the Hopper and my TV, and it's worked well in both environments. I'm curious about the environment of those who've had problems -- are you using from the native Hopper, or via Plus or Joey?

In my house the only problem with Prime comes when using a Joey 4 (without Plus). As far as I can tell ALL of my own problems (which are legion...) come due to communication between Hopper and the Plus (now disconnected) and Joey.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)