Hopper 3 Software H375

dweber

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 29, 2005
Plain City, OH
I manually updated my two Hopper 3 receivers to software H375. My Joey 3 remained at J573.
I have not checked for a while but today I noticed that the MAC addresses of my two Hopper3 receivers and my Joey 3 client in my Netgear Nighthawk router all match the MAC address shown in the units.
I have signal protector turned on for both of my Hopper3 receivers but I have not been able to test it since my weather has been good.
I hope that if I ever have to go to a streaming solution that it can be with the Hopper3 since it is so easy to use compared to normal streaming. I am willing to pay more for an easy to use device such as the Hopper3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I have signal protector turned on for both of my Hopper3 receivers but I have not been able to test it since my weather has been good.

I'm om H374, where do I find the signal protector 0/1?
I don't know where the setting is located, but during recent storms, we lost the signal, and then a pop-up appeared asking if we wanted to watch the channel on the internet. ( I don't remember the actual wording.)

Reactions: charlesrshell
1) click the home key 3 times to bring up the diagnostics page.
2) scroll down to Network
3) select Internet settings
4) select the Advanced tab
5) turn on Signal Protector

I followed the steps to turn on the signal protector, but after I got to the Advanced tab, it came up Bridging or Limit Frequency Scan. Which do I choose

• Signal Protector allows you to stream many channels via the internet in the event that you lose signal. To find a list of supported channels, click here and then select "Streaming Channels" in the Signal Protector section.
  • Recording on streaming channels is not available while Signal Protector is actively streaming TV to the receiver
  • Do not reboot the receiver while Signal Protector is actively streaming TV to the receiver, in scenarios with complete signal loss, rebooting the receiver will cause Signal Protector to stop working and the customer will not be able to watch TV
  • To determine if Signal Protector is actively streaming TV to the receiver, press "Info" on one of the Signal Protector streaming channels. If a "No recording" message is displayed, then Signal Protector is actively streaming TV to the receiver. A list of the Signal Protector streaming channels can be found here
  • Signal Protector is enabled by default on compatible internet-connected receivers, it does not need to be turned on
  • If the customer would like to disable Signal Protector they can do so by navigating to Internet Settings > Advanced and toggling Signal Protector to off
    signal+protector+screenshot.png=s1600
  • Signal Protector is not currently compatible with Hopper Plus
Below is the list of channels that will allow the stream to work in the event of a signal loss.

• Signal Protector is enabled by default on compatible internet-connected receivers, it does not need to be turned on
The Signal Protector worked for us during a storm a couple of weeks ago. Yesterday, after following this thread, I checked the Signal Protector steps so I would know how to find it in the future, and it was OFF. We lost all power due to a storm earlier this week. Do you think that is the reason my Signal Protector was OFF?...All of my other settings were not affected.

Reactions: charlesrshell
The Signal Protector worked for us during a storm a couple of weeks ago. Yesterday, after following this thread, I checked the Signal Protector steps so I would know how to find it in the future, and it was OFF. We lost all power due to a storm earlier this week. Do you think that is the reason my Signal Protector was OFF?...All of my other settings were not affected.
It's possible

• Signal Protector allows you to stream many channels via the internet in the event that you lose signal. To find a list of supported channels, click here and then select "Streaming Channels" in the Signal Protector section.
  • Recording on streaming channels is not available while Signal Protector is actively streaming TV to the receiver
  • Do not reboot the receiver while Signal Protector is actively streaming TV to the receiver, in scenarios with complete signal loss, rebooting the receiver will cause Signal Protector to stop working and the customer will not be able to watch TV
  • To determine if Signal Protector is actively streaming TV to the receiver, press "Info" on one of the Signal Protector streaming channels. If a "No recording" message is displayed, then Signal Protector is actively streaming TV to the receiver. A list of the Signal Protector streaming channels can be found here
  • If the customer would like to disable Signal Protector they can do so by navigating to Internet Settings > Advanced and toggling Signal Protector to off
    signal+protector+screenshot.png=s1600
  • Signal Protector is not currently compatible with Hopper Plus
Below is the list of channels that will allow the stream to work in the event of a signal loss.

It was not enabled by default on my H3. I had to manually turn it on.

Dish 4K Event Listings (No Discussion)

Locals with Dish Perks