Hopper 3 source issue

ToddG

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 30, 2003
I just had 2 hoppers replaced with a hopper3 and 2 joeys yesterday and have an issue with the DVR.
When I go into the recordings, I show 2 sources and the are both named hopper3 living room 1. I only have one hopper3 and ptat is turned off. The second source keeps recording shows but no timers are set. The first source is acting ok. Why do I have a second source when I only have one receiver? Has anyone else seen this?
Thanks

If you were just isntalled yesterday, you need to sit tight for at least 48 hrs for the new Hopper top settle in and get updates.up to 72 hrs.

I just had 2 hoppers replaced with a hopper3 and 2 joeys yesterday and have an issue with the DVR.
When I go into the recordings, I show 2 sources and the are both named hopper3 living room 1. I only have one hopper3 and ptat is turned off. The second source keeps recording shows but no timers are set. The first source is acting ok. Why do I have a second source when I only have one receiver? Has anyone else seen this?
Thanks
When you go into sources on the Hopper, or Joeys?

As KAB stated you may need another uninterrupted night in Standby.

Mine updated promptly the first 24 hours, But make sure your Joeys and Hopper spend some time in standby tonight.

I have narrowed down the issue. My Hopper3 is picking up my brothers hopper3 and his 2 joeys through the network. I show his receiver as a source and can see his recordings but can't play them. I can delete them though. When I unhook the network, the second source goes away. How can my receiver pick his up through the network connection? Any ideas on to to remedy this. Both our houses are on the same router and subnet.
Thanks,

I have narrowed down the issue. My Hopper3 is picking up my brothers hopper3 and his 2 joeys through the network. I show his receiver as a source and can see his recordings but can't play them. I can delete them though. When I unhook the network, the second source goes away. How can my receiver pick his up through the network connection? Any ideas on to to remedy this. Both our houses are on the same router and subnet.
Thanks,
Hoppers and Joeys do communicate via ethernet or Wi-Fi so this isn't surprising. I would install a second router/Wi-Fi down stream of the main one. Connect the WAN port of the second one to the main network. Either you or your brother used the second network. The router should prevent Hoppers from seeing each other.

It does this on wireless and wired. I spoke to dish tech last night and he said this shouldn't be possible. I don't think he believed me until I read off my brothers receivers ids off my hopper. They are sending a tech out to look at it. The hopper3 has also started randomly rebooting and caller id isn't working. I hope it's just a bad receiver. It is a comcast router.

Hoppers and Joeys do communicate via ethernet or Wi-Fi so this isn't surprising. I would install a second router/Wi-Fi down stream of the main one. Connect the WAN port of the second one to the main network. Either you or your brother used the second network. The router should prevent Hoppers from seeing each other.

Wouldn't this create a double nat?

You were right. I had to install a second router to fix this issue. Thanks for your help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)