KE4EST

SatelliteGuys Is My Second Home
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
EM75xb
Well with the release of the Hopper 3 it may be time to re-activate my DISH account and grab a Hopper 3.
Looks to be an awesome receiver.
Couple this with the fact that it is harder and harder to find the shows my wife is wanting to watch on FTA to keep her happy.....
So may have to give them a call, in a few weeks. :)

I myself will continue to play with my FTA stuff, and let her have DISH on her TV.

Reactions: stimpson and Foxbat
Well with the release of the Hopper 3 it may be time to re-activate my DISH account and grab a Hopper 3.
Looks to be an awesome receiver.
Couple this with the fact that it is harder and harder to find the shows my wife is wanting to watch on FTA to keep her happy.....
So may have to give them a call, in a few weeks. :)

I myself will continue to play with my FTA stuff, and let her have DISH on her TV.

Hopper 3, the next-generation Hopper receiver, will have the following features:
  • 16 tuners
  • 4K compatibility
  • Support for up to seven TVs
  • Built-in apps like Netflix and YouTube
  • Netflix-integrated search
  • Customizable Mosaic, or what we’re calling “sports bar mode,” which allows viewing of four different programs on one TV screen
It will definitely make it worth while to switch.

Reactions: KE4EST
Hopper 3, the next-generation Hopper receiver, will have the following features:
  • 16 tuners
  • 4K compatibility
  • Support for up to seven TVs
  • Built-in apps like Netflix and YouTube
  • Netflix-integrated search
  • Customizable Mosaic, or what we’re calling “sports bar mode,” which allows viewing of four different programs on one TV screen
It will definitely make it worth while to switch.
Depends upon perceived relative values.

My second HWS just went toes up (HDD) and I am leaning toward just replacing it, keeping redundancy. Considering an H3 and using my owned Joey1 (or J2 if Dish replaces it and I'd still own it) in the MBR and just no longer having Dish in the exercise room.

New features are nice, but not pressing for me. The lack of redundancy is disturbing, although going 2-3 days without TV wouldn't kill me.

Maybe I should price out a Wally and maybe keep the exercise room Joey. Never did deactivate it; never dropped the protection plan.

I guess I ought to dollars and cents it, and consider that future H3 costs may exceed two HWS rather than be cheaper.

Losing my triple sat 1000.4? Meh.

Reactions: Skytrooper
It's a Hell of a dilemma. I think a big part of it is suspecting the H3 price will later go up, eclipsing the price of two HWS.

It's a Hell of a dilemma. I think a big part of it is suspecting the H3 price will later go up, eclipsing the price of two HWS.

I hear ya, heck I've had a regular 722 for the last 8 yrs. 99% sure I'm going to pull the trigger for a h3. Getting tired of sitting on the fence, especially seeing 1st hand the tech available.

Maybe old, but more than sufficient. It supports speeds up to 600Mbps. Does anyone have faster internet service than that? The only LAN-side need for that would be a home media server and how many have that, 5%?

Yes, it can provide a "stronger" signal as you get into the 2-letter versions.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)