Hopper 4(Is One Coming)??

The non-existent Hopper4 will have a larger hard drive and more memory to support expanded PTAT that includes more local channels and several tuners capable of recording other groups of interest like sports, news, movies, etc.

Actually its a device that plugs in to the front USB port of the Hopper 3 which lights up red when the Hopper 3 is recording. :D

I kid.. but not a bad idea. I know at least one person who would buy one. :D
You TAUNT me, Sir!

I could see a nice drive to CO! Always wanted to see Denver.

That can only mean a plug-in upgrade for the antiquated 722k that'll allow it to get 4k programming and have apps. And it only costs $15!
Hey, if it will work for the ViP222k, I'd take one in a heartbeat. :heartbeat

And, my ViP222k does have apps. Channel 100 still shows Customer Support, Refer a Friend, Explore Premiums (in multiple places), TWC Weather, Weather Nation, and Game Finder. (Of course, none of those Explore Premiums apps actually work. Selecting any of them results in Attention E303 "The selection you made is currently unavailable.")

My guess would be a new Joey that can view 4K HDR broadcasts. Then Dish could actually use channel 540-02 without all the customers with 4K Joeys complaining that they can’t watch. The Olympics is this summer and the last Olympics used 4K HDR. I remember all the complaints from customers with 4K Joeys that could not watch. The 4K Joey is limited and replacing them would allow customers with several 4K TV’s have a good experience. Of course I am only guessing.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

My guess would be a new Joey that can view 4K HDR broadcasts. Then Dish could actually use channel 540-02 without all the customers with 4K Joeys complaining that they can’t watch. The Olympics is this summer and the last Olympics used 4K HDR. I remember all the complaints from customers with 4K Joeys that could not watch. The 4K Joey is limited and replacing them would allow customers with several 4K TV’s have a good experience. Of course I am only guessing.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
If the goal is to replace all of the existing 4K Joeys by this summer, then Dish should have started that much, much sooner. As it is, Dish will still get complaints from those customers who have not upgraded yet (if the new 4K HDR Joey is even available by then, if one is even coming at all). The only difference is that Dish may actually have a solution for them this time around.

Also, I have said all along that Dish should also have a 4K Wally option. This would allow customers to enjoy 4K programming without all of the monthly fees (namely, the DVR fee) of the Hopper 3. A 4K HDR Wally could also be a solution for additional 4K TV's in the home, as long as you don't mind having them not be integrated with the Hopper. This would also be a 4K solution for the RV market. This is especially important, since Dish seems to push the Wally on RV customers at every opportunity. More and more RV users are watching on 4K TV's. So, it would be nice to have a 4K option without having to go outside of the normal system to get a Hopper 3 installed in the RV.

Scott said that "I don't believe a Hopper 4 is one of them." This implies that more than one new receiver is coming. So, it would be nice to see Dish do something as far as offering a new Wally. The old model is getting kind of outdated, as far as lack of support for new apps, etc.