Hopper and Joey installation

Dish did my install back when they put in my 622 with a DPP44 and I never had any caps on open ports. Even the auditor did not require them when he came by and made them re-do the grounding.

Yeah, on my four-Hopper setup, DPP44 + DPP33 stack, no caps on the two unused port 4s on the DPP44 nor the mostly-unused power inserter receiver port. No issues at all. All unused ports on the two duo nodes are capped though. Maybe four switches stacked are just more sensitive to it.

Is it normal that whenever power is loss on the Hopper it does a check switch?
Is it normal also that when power is loss on the Joey you have to let it join the Hopper on the same tuner? Mostly I have to reboot it a few times before it connects to the hopper on the same tuner and function ok
Am I not getting tuner 3 because I am using a Solo Node?

I get all 3 tuners on a solo node. There are 2 coaxes from the dish to the node and one coax from the node to the Hopper.

Is it normal also that when power is loss on the Joey you have to let it join the Hopper on the same tuner? Mostly I have to reboot it a few times before it connects to the hopper on the same tuner and function ok
I'm thinking that your issues are all the result of having no functional third tuner. It could be a problem between the node and the dish, a problem between the node and the Hopper, or, least likely, a problem with the Hopper itself.

Did you just have your Hopper installed? Sounds like you'll need to get Dish back out to fix the connection issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Generally any time a receiver has a loss of power and is turned back on it will go through a reboot and download sequence which involves the check switch. When the Joey loses power it will also go through a reboot and search for a Hopper again.

Hopper doesn't normally do a check switch every time it loses power. In francjam's case, it is performing a check switch each time due to a missing third tuner.