Hopper and Joey remote control question

skokie

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 6, 2010
calif
Hello

When I had dish years ago there was a feature on the remote that if you had say a tv, dvd player, and something configured to the aux button, if you pushed the main power button it would cycle through all of them and turn the on or off. Is that feature still available on the hopper/joey remotes?

Thanks

I only knew about the TV and receiver turning on and off. I never saw it turn on a AVR at the same time. In answer to your main question, no, there is a power button for the TV and a separate button for the Hopper/Joey. You have to press both to get everything working.

skokie said:
Hello

When I had dish years ago there was a feature on the remote that if you had say a tv, dvd player, and something configured to the aux button, if you pushed the main power button it would cycle through all of them and turn the on or off. Is that feature still available on the hopper/joey remotes?

Thanks

Nope. Sure doesnt.

Hello

Thanks

Under Menu/Settings/Remote Control/Volume on my VIP922 you can select if you want your DISH remote control's volume control to use your HDTV or AUX.I use it in the AUX mode to control my Polk Instant Home Theater soundbar with wireless subwoofer.I can turn it on/off using the main power button after selecting the AUX button on the remote control,but I just leave it on all the times and after 15 minutes it turns itself off.Then when I turn the HDTV on in the morning it turns itself on.

Last edited:
Hello

Thanks

Logitech Harmony remote controls do this.On my 922 and hopefully also on the Hopper(if I'm wrong,those with a Hopper please correct me) I can choose for my receiver to accept IR signals in my Remote Control Tile in Settings so I can use my DISH remote which is UHF or my Logitech Harmony 300i remote which is IR to control my 922 at the same time.The Logitech Harmony remotes have a "Watch TV" button at the top which after you set it up over the Internet with the included USB connection you can have everything turn on or off when you press that one button.:)

Mods: I read the OP wrong please delete my post#4,because I can't.Thank you.

Last edited:
Press the TV, DVD or AUX button and then the main power button will turn on or off that device only.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)