Hopper audio delay when skipping fwd/back

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

GOMD

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 14, 2012
cleveland
On one of my two hoppers, when changing channels or skipping forward/backward, the audio is delayed when the program is allowed to play. The picture comes in, but the audio stays silent for up to about 5 seconds and then rejoins the picture.

I have tried to trouble shoot with different audio settings, to no avail. It also doesn't help that the new tv the hopper is hooked up to has audio sync issues of its own (60" Vizio from Black Friday).

The problem does not happen on the connected Joey in the other room, and when I use the audio out from hopper straight to my vizio soundbar, the audio is still delayed. I have tried both optical cable and red white audio with no change.

Anyone have any suggestions?

On one of my two hoppers, when changing channels or skipping forward/backward, the audio is delayed when the program is allowed to play. The picture comes in, but the audio stays silent for up to about 5 seconds and then rejoins the picture.

I have tried to trouble shoot with different audio settings, to no avail. It also doesn't help that the new tv the hopper is hooked up to has audio sync issues of its own (60" Vizio from Black Friday).

The problem does not happen on the connected Joey in the other room, and when I use the audio out from hopper straight to my vizio soundbar, the audio is still delayed. I have tried both optical cable and red white audio with no change.

Anyone have any suggestions?
I have the same thing, Very annoying. Software on S234

I've been having this problem since I got 234 also, and it is VERY annoying. Glad it is happening to other people though (but sorry you're having to go through it!). I use the 30 second skip between plays during football games, so needless to say, Sunday was very very frustrating for me. Switching between PCM and Dolby/PCM didn't help. Please tell me Dish knows about this new problem!

I've been having the same problem since I switched to the hoppers 2 weeks ago. I have 2 Hoppers and 4 Joeys, and it only happens on the hopper connected to my A/V receiver. I had the hopper replaced and the issue is still there. I've been in contact with a DIRT guy for a week now trying out different solutions and we narrowed it down to my receiver that is causing those problems.

I guess its the decoding process(if thats what its called) on the receiver thats the problem, as it takes about 5 to 10 seconds to pick the right audio format(like DD, DD2, DTS 5.1). If I switch the Hopper to PCM only I get almost instantaneous audio(no more than 2 seconds on some HD channels), when changing channels, forwarding, skipping, Etc..

I've been using a Hopper since June this year and it was fine. A couple of weeks ago I started experiencing the audio delay when skipping forward and back. Dish sent another Hopper I installed tonight and it's the same audio delay. Ive seen on other sites people talking about the cables and stuff, but my Hopper worked fine all that time. I'm thinking perhaps when they did their upgrade a short while back something screwed up. Sure do wish I could get downgraded back to the old one.

Was having the same problem, changed to dolby/pcm, disabled volume leveling, and mode is set to line. No more audio lag. Vizio tv to a vizio soundbar. HDMI from hopper to tv, optical audio from tv to soundbar. Hope this helps someone.

Anyone else have any suggestions on how to resolve this issue? I've tried all of the suggestions above and still have the audio delay. Hopper (Original Gen) connected to Denon Receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts