Hopper Duo Question

ClarkGable

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 23, 2010
NW Ohio
This week, we replaced our 722K with a Hopper Duo and Joey 3. We really didn't need a Hopper 3 so went with the Duo.

I like the trash bin on the recordings tab, since I accidentally deleted files on the 722K that I didn't mean to a few times.

Now for the question - I notice that there were a few skipped timers in the DVR scheduled tab that neither my wife nor I had set. They were for programs that we wouldn't watch, but were on a local Dish channel where we had a timer already set. The skipped shows were not immediately after the timer we had set, either. I figured out that one was skipped because the newscast we have set to record daily wasn't on due to a bowl game this Saturday. The others are a mystery.

Any thoughts on how this might have occurred? BTW, the skipped programs did not appear in the timers tab, just the scheduled tab. Also, there are no more of these skipped recording listed in the schedule tab now (other than the bowl game Saturday). Not a biggie - I'm just curious how this happened.

I will say that so we like the Hopper Duo and Joey 3 better than the 722K. We inherited a second HD TV and wanted HD is both rooms that were served by the 722K. I was surprised how much smaller the Hopper Duo is, and how tiny the Joey 3 is. We also like the interface and the streaming channels we couldn't get before. My wife is liking Charge! TV.

We kept the Dish locals since our OTA channels sometimes go out during hazy summer mornings or foggy conditions (temperature inversions). Also, MeTV appears in our program guide as one-hour long blocks now, making setting timers easy as opposed the one continuous block in the 722's guide. We still do not get program descriptions on MeTV, though.

Anyhow, thanks and Happy Holidays!

If I understand correctly about the ones tar were skipped:

Is super easy to set a timer and not realize it. ..
Sounds like you're then running into the 2 tuner only conflict.

I know that the Hoppers come with the default of recording "1 min early and 3 min late". This can sometimes cause a temporary overlap if what you're recording is on 2 different channels at the same time.

Either set the default to start/stop 0 min, or get a Hopper/Sling that adds an additional tuner.

Reactions: charlesrshell
If I understand correctly about the ones tar were skipped:

Is super easy to set a timer and not realize it. ..
Sounds like you're then running into the 2 tuner only conflict.

I know that the Hoppers come with the default of recording "1 min early and 3 min late". This can sometimes cause a temporary overlap if what you're recording is on 2 different channels at the same time.

Either set the default to start/stop 0 min, or get a Hopper/Sling that adds an additional tuner.
or get a Hopper 3 and never have a conflict again... ;)