Hopper has reached max timers after only 33

Well no one answered my original question, when my 40+ shows come back in September that are PTA when I hit record series are they going to become events then and clog everything up?

Well crap I already have 30 timers 108 events, These units were supposed to be the greatest thing since sliced bread. I really hope they can raise the event level before fall programming starts then because I watch alot of TV. PTA was supposed to be the wonder of the world especially since you can do the save thingy. Thats why I bought a third hopper. I am going to be very irritated if this system cannot live up to its expectations it has had 6 months to work the major bugs out like this one, which is why I waited so long to change. I gave up a working 922 722 2-512's and 322 for hoppers and I expect them to at least function as well or better then my old hardware.

Well no one answered my original question, when my 40+ shows come back in September that are PTA when I hit record series are they going to become events then and clog everything up?

I don't think that's true. It will be a timer, but not an event.

I have PTAT running, and a Save Series timer for Hell's Kitchen. There is no event listed for that individual show on Monday.

Now wait a minute. Are we sure that the limit on the Hopper is exactly the same as on the older receivers? Because I don't remember ANYBODY ever saying anything before two pages ago to contradict the apparent implication of this thread that it was a Hopper issue. This is one of the major reasons I haven't even considered getting a Hopper yet, but if it's a non-issue, since I've never run into it on my 622, then I've got nothing to worry about. (Other than the occasional refusal to play shows from a non-Hopper EHD... That's certainly a showstopper too, I can't imagine why they haven't fixed it yet, especially since I could swear I read a while ago that they were supposed to have fixed it already.)

Ok people I purposely tried to blow up my hopper and have not succeeded I 74 timers with new and reruns it has 27 scheduled recordings for tomorrow I'm not getting any errors it says there are 4 conflicts and now I have to go back and delete all of this crap.

Daily Schedule: 511 events
Timers: 73
this is with the hopper, with the 922 and the 622 I reached the 94 timers when that message appeared

I don't think that's true. It will be a timer, but not an event.

I have PTAT running, and a Save Series timer for Hell's Kitchen. There is no event listed for that individual show on Monday.

CONFIRMED.
A skipped timer for a PTAT event counts as a skipped event.

keckge said:

Here's the thing. Most the network shows aren't repeated 20 times a week so the fall premieres with as the new timers that you'll create probably won't have a huge impact on hitting the event limit (unless you're already very very close to it).

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

We have a WINNER.

More tuners on one box lends to more timers and events. Since the limits are the same on a 2-tuner receiver as a 3-tuner receiver, then it logically follows that more people will potentially hit the limits on the Hopper than on a ViP receiver.

If you think about it, the Hopper makes it easier to deal with those cable shows that do excessive reruns, causing the event limit to be reached. With 3 tuners you can set more daily, M-F, or weekly timers without conflicts. If having a Hopper makes you want to record more series, you have 2 or more TVs, and you are running into event limits, you really should have 2 Hoppers.

It's ironic to complain about having more tuners. Yeah, I know it would be nice for some to have a higher event limit, but we don't yet, and there are ways to alleviate the problem.

Just on that day and time. If it gets moved to a different time on the same day, or a different day, it won't get recorded.

Just on that day and time. If it gets moved to a different time on the same day, or a different day, it won't get recorded.
Okay now that is not kosher I agree that sure that will work, but that's like going back to a VCR who on earth wants to do that. This is 2012 we (are should) be more advanced then that for goodness sakes this is just crazy. I mean its a workaround kind of but it gives up the purpose of a DVR they shouldn't make anyone make that compromise not to argue with anyone. We pay good money for these things they should work right, and we should not be sent back to the 80's and 90's to record TV. Yes we were given these wonderful box's with three tuners in them but they should have also had the programing in them for the three tuners anyone should know, when you give people more tuners they are going to record more so we have to alot for that. But we also have hind site and they say that is 20/20 so hopefully they will fix this. Good thing they didn't stick six tuners in it. LOL They would be blowing up left and right.

I just came up with a great way to fix this. at our discretion there should be a selection and we could limit the amount of guide data our box's have on hand down to say 6 day's then then there should not be so many events.

Last edited:
I could be totally wrong here, but as far as I have been able to tell, the timer limit wall (the system stating that you are over the limit and not letting you create new timers) only hits AS you are setting up new timers. If you go over the limit with events AFTER you have the timers already created (there is a 96 episode marathon of Pawn Stars Sunday-Monday), the system stops and schedules no more. BUT, as time passes and events drop off the list, the system starts picking up more events further out. If you manage to set up all the timers in the first place, then you should be OK. Am I wrong in this? I have noticed previously that if I look at upcoming recordings on say, a Wednesday evening, the system will NOT have the new episodes of Pawn Stars the next Monday night showing as being set up to record at all. In fact, if there happens to be a marathon, prior to the new eps, I see the them all being officially skipped up until noon on Monday for example with no more of the eps (from 12:30pm to 10:00pm) with any indicators at all of being recorded or skipped. If I look again on Friday, they are now ALL either showing that they will be skipped or recorded. As events fall off, more events get scheduled (if you are at the cap). As long as you are able to set them up in the first place, the system should work it out eventually. So the trick seems to be not setting up timers for shows that have huge marathons while the marathons are in the guide... Make sense?

I could be totally wrong here, but as far as I have been able to tell, the timer limit wall (the system stating that you are over the limit and not letting you create new timers) only hits AS you are setting up new timers. If you go over the limit with events AFTER you have the timers already created (there is a 96 episode marathon of Pawn Stars Sunday-Monday), the system stops and schedules no more. BUT, as time passes and events drop off the list, the system starts picking up more events further out. If you manage to set up all the timers in the first place, then you should be OK. Am I wrong in this? I have noticed previously that if I look at upcoming recordings on say, a Wednesday evening, the system will NOT have the new episodes of Pawn Stars the next Monday night showing as being set up to record at all. In fact, if there happens to be a marathon, prior to the new eps, I see the them all being officially skipped up until noon on Monday for example with no more of the eps (from 12:30pm to 10:00pm) with any indicators at all of being recorded or skipped. If I look again on Friday, they are now ALL either showing that they will be skipped or recorded. As events fall off, more events get scheduled (if you are at the cap). As long as you are able to set them up in the first place, the system should work it out eventually. So the trick seems to be not setting up timers for shows that have huge marathons while the marathons are in the guide... Make sense?
Now this makes sense to me that I should not have a problem at all, It still says they have a programming glitch that needs to be worked on. You really shouldn't have to worry about anything period with a 389.00 piece of equipment that's what I paid for the 3rd one. But I can live with that for now.

If the time changes upto a couple of hours it is "supposed" to still record the daily, weekly or M-F timers.

If the time changes upto a couple of hours it is "supposed" to still record the daily, weekly or M-F timers.
It's been my experience that every time I had a daily, weekly or M-F timer, and the time changed, the event would get skipped as "incorrect event"

Note to Stewart Vernon of DBSTalk.

Please take off the rose colored glasses or take your head out of your... well anyways...

Stewart seemed to have a problem believing this post which was made here at SatelliteGuys...

http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads...rs-after-only-33/page15?p=2945011#post2945011

That post was made by Vivek Khemka who is the guy in charge of the Hopper project for DISH. I think he would know what new features are being added to the Hopper since it is his baby.

You can read Mr. Vernon's post at...
http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?p=3093209#post3093209

I am just sitting here shaking my head. I don't understand why their staff there always posts negative comments on DISH comments and why they can't handle the truth about products unless they see it themself.

And they wonder why only 5 people post in their DISH forum there. Thanks Stewart for putting the BS in DBStalk!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)