Hopper in an RV with Trav'ler

az99

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 27, 2014
Does anyone have a Hopper in their RV using the Winegard Trav'ler SK-1000 antenna? How many coax cables come from the dish? 2 or 3? Did you use a solo node or duo node?

Thanx

Does anyone have a Hopper in their RV using the Winegard Trav'ler SK-1000 antenna? How many coax cables come from the dish? 2 or 3? Did you use a solo node or duo node?
For one Hopper (and 1 or more Joeys if you want), you could just run one RG6 cable in from the roof, but you would have to connect a Solo Node to your Travler and leave the node on your RV roof like this:
https://rvseniormoments.files.wordpress.com/2015/04/209_dish_twotvs_hopper_joey_hdhd_single_rg6.pdf

However, I'd opt for running all three RG6 cables from the Travler into your RV. Granted, you only need two of them, but running all three RG6 cables inside gives you more options in the future. For example, I started with 1 Hopper and 2 Joeys in my RV (2 RG6 sat cables used w/Solo Node), then upgraded to 2 Hoppers and 1 Joey (3 RG6 sat cables used w/Duo Node) last year -- now I'm going to 3 Hoppers (3 RG6 sat cables + 2 DPP44 switches + Solo Node + Duo Node), all off my Travler.

My trailer was originally wired with two coax cable, living room and bedroom. I extended the bedroom cable to the living room to connect to Solo.

I recently rewired the roof and brought a third coax into the bedroom so I can expand to a Super Joey in the bedroom.

My trailer was originally wired with two coax cable, living room and bedroom. I extended the bedroom cable to the living room to connect to Solo.

I recently rewired the roof and brought a third coax into the bedroom so I can expand to a Super Joey in the bedroom.

Thanx

I just went through this with my RV. The Trav'lr has three connections. You need two of them to a switch which then connects to the Hopper. Then you can wire other TV's in the unit to the switch inside. If you want a second Hopper or a Super Joey, you'd need the third coax coming in as well.

I have a problem when I start the Hopper in the morning it wants to go though the switch check again. I get switch 1 and 2 ok but 3 has the red Xs. I can't get Dish to help me, am I wired wrong? The 2 wires from the 1000 to the solo node then one from the node HOST to the Hopper and one from the Client to the Joye?

The third connection is for the lnb in port isn't it? If you are getting eastern arc sats you only have two sats connected anyway. I saw the red x on my third sat in the switch today too. If I hook up my side sat tomorrow I expect the x to be filled in with the third sat I hook up to it.

I get 110, 119 and 129 on switch 1and 2 and none on 3. I have re pointed the dish several times. But the Hopper is in the living room and the node is in the bed room where the wiring comes in from the dish. That wire from the node may not be RG6. Should I move the Hopper to the bedroom and use the Joye in the living room?

I get 110, 119 and 129 on switch 1and 2 and none on 3. I have re pointed the dish several times. But the Hopper is in the living room and the node is in the bed room where the wiring comes in from the dish. That wire from the node may not be RG6. Should I move the Hopper to the bedroom and use the Joye in the living room?

A Hopper should never be using any wire other than RG6. A Joey can use RG59 if it has to.

Reactions: charlesrshell
The third connection is for the lnb in port isn't it? If you are getting eastern arc sats you only have two sats connected anyway. I saw the red x on my third sat in the switch today too. If I hook up my side sat tomorrow I expect the x to be filled in with the third sat I hook up to it.

I think you're referring to the Hybrid LNB and the others are referring to DPP LNB's.

Reactions: charlesrshell