Hopper Install Issues!

If you haven't already, double check ALL the connectors, specifically for 1 strand of braiding around the center conductor.
It is easy to overlook, especially if it is late and you are already frustrated, but will completely kill the signal every time

If you haven't already, double check ALL the connectors, specifically for 1 strand of braiding around the center conductor.
It is easy to overlook, especially if it is late and you are already frustrated, but will completely kill the signal every time

Will do.. I will pass that along to the tech tomorrow.. Just strange never had this kind of issue before in the end it will probably be something overlooked..

"unplugged the ethernet cables from everything but the main Hopper today - Bridging enabled - so far, so good."
Saw this today, perhaps there is a common "thread" here......

Does there have to be two inputs on a solo node just to hook up 1 hopper? I have upper 90's for signal strength but acts like its not doing a test on the check switch

Does there have to be two inputs on a solo node just to hook up 1 hopper? I have upper 90's for signal strength but acts like its not doing a test on the check switch

if both inputs aren't connected, i believe you would only get 2 tuners working instead of 3.

You must have two inputs to the solo node. One wire can support 2 feeds and the Hopper has 3 tuners.... So, with 1 coax your Hopper isn't seeing enough signals to do the check switch...

Are you really an installer?? Do NOT skimp on anything! NO shortcuts!! I'd hate to be the customer that has an installer that looks for shortcuts... YES you need TWO connections from the Dish to the Solo Node for 1 Hopper, just as you need THREE for 2 Hoppers.

DishInstallAdam said:

This folks is what you call a 'retailer special'

look, troubleshooting these issues is a very simple thing. if its doing 1 of 1, it is not connected to the dish. to find out why the installer needs to check the lines with his meter and find out where it is failing. another option is to use a test cable. run from the node straight to hopper (through open window door whatever, its just a test). if that doesnt work, run test cable from dish. there is obviously a failure in one of the cables or connections.

I am downloading software prior to the install so I don't speed the forementioned 8 hrs at the customers, the hopper is new to many installers, I do have the hopper and joey installation aid.

DishInstallAdam said:
I am downloading software prior to the install so I don't speed the forementioned 8 hrs at the customers, the hopper is new to many installers, I do have the hopper and joey installation aid.

I do this with every hopper install and have yet to have any significant problems during install.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts