Hopper Internet Connector Brings Down Network

sbuhler

Original poster
Mar 24, 2012
Hahnville, LA
I have a 2H/3J setup in my house with the Hopper Internet Connector connected to a Belkin router which in turn is connected to the Cable Modem. All of the hoppers/joeys go through the Internet Connector. None are directly connected to the router. We went on a two week vacation and returned today to our internet connection not working. I went through technical support at my cable company and we came to the conclusion that their systems were up and that it was on my end. I have reconfigured the router powered off the Hopper Internet Connector. I am able to get internet access without the Hopper internet connector on the router. Once the Hopper Internet connector is connected to the router the router looses its IP address/DNS settings, etc with the Cable company. We have not had this problem for the previous 3+ months.

Ideas? Did something happen while we were gone that would cause this problem? My cable company is Cox Communications. I am tempted to by another router to see if that fixes the issue, but the router works fine as long as the Hopper Internet Connector is not connected.

Appreciate your help.

Might check and see what Port you have your IC plug into.. Try plugging it into just one of the 1-4 ports and see if your Internet port on your router is plug into your cable modem. Then check the IC to see if it has 3 green lights in front then go to the Hopper or Joey go to the Network Settings see if they are getting a Ip and DNS from your router.. Sounds like the cable modem is not passing a IP and DNS to your router which it should then it should pass those IPs to your Hopper and Joey.. Let us know what you find out.. :)

Well after resetting all the hoppers and joeys it seems like the Hopper Internet Connector is no longer bringing down the network. Clearly something had happen while we were on vacation and I reset one of the hoppers but not both.

Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)