Hopper/Joey Cabling Question

SKrueger

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 18, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
My current setup is two dishes connected to two vip622's and two vip211's. I am looking at replacing this setup with a two hopper and 2 or 3 joey setup. My question is about the MOCA connection as I do not have functioning CATV wiring in my unit. Can hoppers and joeys still be installed and connected another way?

Your 622 and the TV2 connected to it and the 211 all have their own coax cable run from the dish or a switch, if you have one in your installation. The dish would connect to a node and from the node there is 1 coax that runs to the Hopper and on the other side of the node you have your client outputs. I'm sure the tech could run a line from the client output and connect that line via a splitter to your other rooms using the existing lines that are there for your VIP equipment and those lines would feed the Joey. I think thats what you were asking, but correct me if i'm wrong.

Your 622 and the TV2 connected to it and the 211 all have their own coax cable run from the dish or a switch, if you have one in your installation. The dish would connect to a node and from the node there is 1 coax that runs to the Hopper and on the other side of the node you have your client outputs. I'm sure the tech could run a line from the client output and connect that line via a splitter to your other rooms using the existing lines that are there for your VIP equipment and those lines would feed the Joey. I think thats what you were asking, but correct me if i'm wrong.

I think that's what I'm asking. The attached sketch shows how the existing setup is wired. There is no switch as several years ago, for whatever reason, a tech removed the switch and just installed a second dish. Wiring.jpg

I somehow overlooked that you had 2 of each model. Do you have 6 TVS connected in total? Why do you have 2 dishes? Are you using EA and WA or international programming?

Currently have 5 TVs. Both vip622's are operating in single mode serving 1 TV each. There are 2 TVs connecting to one vip211 with an HDMI splitter and this is where I am thinking of using two Joey's so they can watch separate channels and there is a 5th TV connected to a vip211 by itself. As for the 2 dishes, that is just what one tech did on a service call when I added one of the receivers. With the 4 boxes and the one dish using a switch he was having problems getting a good signal at all the boxes so he got rid of the switch and just installed a second dish. All programming is WA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts