Hopper/Joey IR?

navychop said:
Just use an aftermarket IR remote.

Can't due that due to me using that output for some SD TV's in different rooms. I was going to put a Joey near the wiring box and connect it to my powered splitter. Are there some aftermarket RF remote systems?

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

Just use an aftermarket IR remote.

Then I'd have to deal with IR repeaters and such. Already have them in the LR for stereo/bluray, but not in family or bedroom. It's doable and would probably be cheaper(could just keep using my existing 21.0s), but I would probably opt for just buying the extra 40.0s and be done with it.

I'll remain a pigheaded optimist at this point and tell myself Scott is right and Zach is wrong. We'll know in a few weeks anyway.

JM42 said:
All due respect to Zach, but I can't believe that. I could buy they might have limited the joey, but not the Hopper.
I agree. That makes no sense at all. And I don't believe the joeys are limited either. That doesn't make sense either. Are they trying to be the remote police? They are just limiting their own product sales for no particular purpose.

Sent from my Toshiba Thrive using SatelliteGuys

I believe the 922 will allow 4 linked remotes. I have 3 right now so I know that works but I'm pretty sure 4 work. I can't find a 4th remote to try it.

lakebum431 said:
I believe the 922 will allow 4 linked remotes. I have 3 right now so I know that works but I'm pretty sure 4 work. I can't find a 4th remote to try it.

That makes sense and sounds like a hardware limitation and not a rule from management

Sent from my Toshiba Thrive using SatelliteGuys

I hope you guys are correct, but remember the new 40.0 remote uses a different technology than previously employed by Dish. Pairing sounds much more like Bluetooth approach, e.g., one at a time.

I hope you guys are correct, but remember the new 40.0 remote uses a different technology than previously employed by Dish. Pairing sounds much more like Bluetooth approach, e.g., one at a time.

This is incorrect as the 40.0 is 2G UHF - the exact same technology as the 32.0.

Just curious, but what is the need for multiple remotes in the same room, aside from "in case one gets lost?" Wouldn't the "remote finder" feature mitigate that need?

Just curious, but what is the need for multiple remotes in the same room, aside from "in case one gets lost?" Wouldn't the "remote finder" feature mitigate that need?
Size of the room, multiple seating areas, not having to reach over,under,around the sleeping spouse.

Neither spouse will give the remote up so we each have our own. :popcorn

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts