Hopper Joey Issue

OrlandoSGM

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Mar 27, 2008
Orlando, FL
I've have an ongoing issue where my two Joey's say they can 'see' the Hopper and won't provide any TV picture. 90% of the time resetting the Hopper first then resetting each Joey will bring the picture back. Once, even after a call with DISH techs even that wouldn't fix it. But in the morning ball was back to normal. Has anyone had a similar issue and figured out what a good resolution to the issue might be? It's a PIA to constantly have to be resetting. Also, occasionally when this happens even without resetting (if it happens late at night) in the morning things seems to resolve themselves. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

HipKat

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 25, 2017
Pekin, IL
It's an ongoing issue with black screen Joeys. One fix I've used is go to the guide, go to Ch 103 - not the Hopper 3 Insider Channel; but the SD Channel that just has PSA's on it. Most times, that allows it to go back to live TV, then you can change the channel.

Possibly running a check switch to free up the tuners as I believe this is part of the 0 of 0 Tuners available error

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell

OrlandoSGM

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Mar 27, 2008
Orlando, FL
It's an ongoing issue with black screen Joeys. One fix I've used is go to the guide, go to Ch 103 - not the Hopper 3 Insider Channel; but the SD Channel that just has PSA's on it. Most times, that allows it to go back to live TV, then you can change the channel.

Possibly running a check switch to free up the tuners as I believe this is part of the 0 of 0 Tuners available error
The issue I have is when I get the nor linked to the Hopper, I can't even get to the Guide. Doing some diagnostics, It says the Joeys are not linked, but the link strength is very strong...very weird.