Hopper/Joey SD output

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

my3son

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 20, 2012
United States
From what I can tell from the Hopper/Joey descriptions, there are no provisions to have SD output to old SD TVs. I currently have a 722K with OTA and a 622 with 4 HD TVs attached and 3 old SD TVs attached (some are viewing the same tuners on TV2). With the new Hopper/Joey system all can have their own tuner/recorded program but only in HD? Do I need to buy HD TVs for the three other locations?

I realize 2 hoppers only have 6 tuners and if one is dedicated to PTAT then only 5 are available unless one or more are being used for other recordings, my primary question is about SD output from the Joeys.

Didn't notice the RF mod was "dropped." But it makes sense as it would have driven up the costs to manufacture the client for what is a quickly shrinking number of RF ONLY input TV's. Yes, RF mods are cheap enough for people to buy or one can connect the composite to a VCR or DVD recorder or other device that does have an RF out.

The Hopper does NOT have 6 tuners. It only has 3. But it does have the ability to record multiple programs on one tuner with the Primetime feature as they are all on the same transonder and it can separate out the data for the multiple channels.

The Hopper does NOT have 6 tuners. It only has 3. But it does have the ability to record multiple programs on one tuner with the Primetime feature as they are all on the same transonder and it can separate out the data for the multiple channels.
Re-read the first post again, please. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts