Hopper/Joey upgrade dissapointing, requesting some advice

i have only installed a handful but there is a way to check it. I did an install where i had 3 bars out of 4 and everything worked great. theres a way to check the moca lvl visually on the tv screen.

Did this ever get resolved? I just upgraded to the Hopper with Sling and one Joey from a 722k. So far things look fine to me on the Hopper but there is a noticeable degradation of picture quality on the Joey (both are hooked up to nearly identical Samsung 40 inch 1080P sets. I don't notice it as much at normal viewing distance, but it is noticeable closer up. I have changed out the HDMI cable on the Joey and rebooted it. I've also confirmed that my MoCA signal says "Good", the icon is green, and it has full bars. When the unit was first installed, the tech had to connect the Joey to my old SDTV via component cables since the HDTV arrived a few days later. I then reconnected it myself using HDMI.

Is the consensus still that I should have my coaxial line and connections checked between the Hopper and the Joey?

On the Joey go into (I think it's) Menu\Settings\Format TV\HDTV and be sure it's set to 1080.

I agree with the others who suggest that the coax or a connector or splitter is the problem. It's not the Dish quality or your TV if everything is set properly. We have a 1080P TV in the bedroom fed by a Joey and it looks fantastic.

Larry
SF

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts