hopper off all day

ac1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 19, 2011
joplin, mo
I sat down to turn on my TV earlier tonight and I noticed that my hopper was off. It had not recorded anything all day. I turned it on and it started working just fine. No one had been in the house all day. Any idea what happened?

I sat down to turn on my TV earlier tonight and I noticed that my hopper was off. It had not recorded anything all day. I turned it on and it started working just fine. No one had been in the house all day. Any idea what happened?

I've read your post three times now and I'm confused. Did you not expect it to be off? I know my receiver is off when I'm not watching TV. :)

Yes I turned it on in the middle of ptat and it just started recording when I turned it on. It did not record anything before that. it acts like someone just turned the hopper all of the way off but no one was home to do that.

Sounds to me like another case of the HDMI blues. Do you have a Samsung TV connected to HDMI by any chance?

The Samsung TVs (although they are very good TVs, have one myself, never had any HDMI issues though) are known to cause issues with Dish receivers via HDMI because of a feature called WISELINK. It's basically a "feature" that turns off whatever is hooked up to the TV via HDMI whenever the TV is turned off. Well, instead of just placing the Dish receivers into standby, it shuts them down completely and they don't even record. Turning off WISELINK (Anynet+) should fix the issue. I never understood the point of it anyway, I mean, are people REALLY getting THAT lazy to where they can't even press another button to turn off their receivers?

So is the Hopper missing shows when it's supposed to be recording them? Does the Hopper turn on and off with the TV instead of independently? Is it connected through HDMI? Going to need more information here to be able to help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)