Hopper on demand vs. Directv on demand.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cappy29

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 12, 2005
Aliquippa,p.a
Was just wondering since I am a Directv customer and have been for a few years now, if Dish has improved their on demand? I know that since I've been with Directv their on demand seems to be really good. Now when I say on demand, I don't just mean the pay stuff, but the the stuff you would get from a subscription to a premium service such as Cinemax or HBO.

Way better then it use to be. Still not on par with cable. Some networks have a very extensive library available such as epix, hbo, showtime, max, starz,etc. Some networks don't have alot of past seasons available but keep current seasons pretty up to date like history or a&e. Other networks are pretty lackluster in their offerings like discovery. As far as broadcast networks, dish has nbc and abc on demand. No cbs, cw, pbs, or fox

I just switched from Directv this past Saturday. I will tell you that Dish VOD isn't nearly as good as Directv. Like other post said, it only has ABC and NBC when it comes to the 4 major networks. Directv seemed to have VOD for every channel, Dish is lacking on ALOT of channels.

I have noticed tho, that you can get VOD for CBS, CW, FOX, PBS, and other channels, that you can't on the receiver, on the Dish Anywhere web site and maybe the App on a tablet.

That being said, the Hopper3 is much better than the Genie and the ability to watch live tv and your recordings from anywhere is a major plus.

Also, if you thinking about a switch let me know and I have a code for a $5.00 discount for 10 months for the both of us.

Well, the 3 year thing is what mainly caught my attention, but I really like Directv's on demand, which is one big reason for the time being I'll stick with them. I was with Dish for like almost 12 years before and liked them, but just remember that their on demand wasn't really that great. So, thanks for the responses, maybe when they get more on demand available I'll consider it.

Well, the 3 year thing is what mainly caught my attention, but I really like Directv's on demand, which is one big reason for the time being I'll stick with them. I was with Dish for like almost 12 years before and liked them, but just remember that their on demand wasn't really that great. So, thanks for the responses, maybe when they get more on demand available I'll consider it.

Sounds a lot like me, but like I said, what you can't get on the receiver it seems like you can online.

I just switched a week ago to Dish from Direct and besides the layout being different the content seems the same. I will say that Dish's works better, downloads faster and I haven't had buffering issues that I had with Directv. And the hopper blows away my Genie. Really the only think I don't like is the layout of the DVR screen where the On Demand stuff goes... Wish it would be a list view like the Genie.

Are we allowed to compare Roku and online related streaming made available through Dish for channels (Watch ESPN, History, Disney, etc...)?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)