Hopper on Xbox 360

Aqualung812

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 22, 2006
Columbus, IN
I'd like to know if anyone has heard rumors about an Xbox 360 app for Dish.

With HBO GO, Verizon FIOS, and Xfinity all having apps on the Xbox now, will Dish follow suit? Now that Dish has released the Hopper, it seems like all of the parts are there for Xbox to Hopper integration.

For those of you who have not used voice commands to control watching video, you might not understand the appeal to watching on an Xbox instead of a standard receiver. However, after a few months of watching Netflix and being able to say "Xbox, Next Episode!" "Pause!" "Fast Forward! faster, faster, PLAY!", I hate using my ViP 722.

A handheld remote seems like a stone tablet now. I honestly would look at getting Comcast if it seems Dish isn't going to support this.

I find I have to scream at the Kinect sensor to get it to go along with my commands. Not good with 3 sleeping kids and me watching TV at 11 PM.

I've found the kinect works pretty well for most people not in a noisy environment. At my house, the poor kinect sensor sits right next to the S-150 M&K center speaker and just can't hear me if there is media playing!

Sensor placement

If you're having trouble with Kinect working, it is important to both put it away from your center channel and to run the tuner.

I put my center channel just below my TV and the Kinect above it (the opposite should work just as well). With the tuner having been run, it will ignore the sound from the speakers as long as there is enough distance.

All of this is off-topic, though. There are many reasons why it would be deserable to watch Dish programming on the Xbox, as other companies are showing by investing in an application for it. I'm just wanting to find out if Dish is going to get on board or not.

I like being able to watch ESPN3 over XBox, but if I want to watch ESPN's programming, I'll flip it on to Dish. Everything I have watched on XBox is downrezed for streaming purposes.

My hope is that they would just use the Xbox as a platform to stream from the Hopper. Since it is on the local network, there would be no need to downrez it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)