Hopper Poll#2

Check all that apply. What is holding you back from a Hopper implementation?

• Total voters
I really like my OTA, so that's holding me back a bit. however, I currenty have 3 tuners, so I wouldn't be losing any there, and PTAT sounds pretty good, maybe negating the need for the OTA tuner. (Quality-wise, I know OTA is better, but none of it is as good as blu ray, so not a big deal to me.)

As for the fees, I don't really like the 1st Joey fee, and I'm really unhappy with the whole home fee, even if you just have a single Hopper and no Joey's.

If you NEED OTA, run the OTA into the coax input of your TV and use the HDMI input for the Hopper, no DVR and only OTA on the TV(s) connected, but you're not loosing it completely.

If you NEED OTA, run the OTA into the coax input of your TV and use the HDMI input for the Hopper, no DVR and only OTA on the TV(s) connected, but you're not loosing it completely.

This works, but you lose the DVR ability on the locals that Dish does not carry, or are in SD on Dish and HD OTA.

We record a significant amount from my non local dma PBS station. I will wait till the ota module is available before upgrading.
All the talk I'm seeing here is making me want to fix the antenna leads to my OTA tuner and see what I'm missing on all those sub channels. In another forum I saw My TV and Antenna TV mentioned and surfed them up to find both are on two of my locals' sub channels and they have the old time TV "gems" Tvland used to. Unfortunately my local PBS caters to a foreign language audience on its sub or should I say isn't as progressive as yours.:mad:

No OTA is my big reason since I don't get my locals in HD from DISH (Charlottesville DMA). So I would have SD Locals and no Prime Time feature and I would have to teach my wife and kids how to view HD locals by changing the channel on the tv rather than using the dish receiver thus causing me immense headaches when they can't figure it out....

My "other" reason is loss of my 211 ehd, paid $40 to convert my 211 into a DVR. I don't mind losing the content too much if it is reformatted for the Hopper but will I be able to use this EHD on the hopper without having to pay to activate the EHD again?

My other "other" reason is the lack of answer to my question about how my master bedroom and my son's room is wired. The COAX is split in the wall using a basic splitter so both of these TVs are TV2 on my 722 and are mirrored to each other. Can a joey on each of these TVs work to create independent HD viewing?

My other "other" reason is the lack of answer to my question about how my master bedroom and my son's room is wired. The COAX is split in the wall using a basic splitter so both of these TVs are TV2 on my 722 and are mirrored to each other. Can a joey on each of these TVs work to create independent HD viewing?

I could have sworn I answered that question already. The answer is "Yes", you can leave your splitter in the wall and put two Joeys on either output and watch independent programs on each.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)