Hopper/PTAT Question

HDRoberts

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 13, 2008
Cleveland, OH
Well, looks like my 622 may be having issues. I'll probably replace with another 622 or a 722, but I was also thinking about a Hopper as well. I just had one question on Primetime Anytime.

My understanding is it records all 6 networks off the spotbeam for the prime time hours using one tuner, and holds them for 8 days. What if you had programs you want to save for MORE than 8 days? Do you have to set up another timer and use another tuner, or can it look at its PTAT database and yank some specific shows to a long term database?

PTAT records 4 Networks, ABC, NBC, Fox, CBS. You can save those recordings onto your space on the hard drive for as long as you want them. You simply go to that recording in the PTAT folder and tell it to Save.

Not quite right, PTAT records the big four networks (abc, cbs, nbc and fox) but only if you are getting them in HD. They remain in the PTAT folder for 8 days and you can save them to your dvr folder but they do not show there until they are deleted off PTAT.

Not quite right, PTAT records the big four networks (abc, cbs, nbc and fox) but only if you are getting them in HD. They remain in the PTAT folder for 8 days and you can save them to your dvr folder but they do not show there until they are deleted off PTAT.

That's not exactly true either, they show in your folder immediately. I do this all the time, so the wife doesn't have to go into the PTAT folder to find the program.

That's not exactly true either, they show in your folder immediately. I do this all the time, so the wife doesn't have to go into the PTAT folder to find the program.

Is there some setting I'm missing? The Hopper I have access to at work has the PTAT shows in the PTAT folder for the 8 days even if you set it to save. They do not show in the dvr (not PTAT) folder until it is deleted from PTAT.

Yes, you are missing something. I just went to my PTAT folder and went over to a program from last night. When I went over to that icon, it says Press To Watch. You press Select and then you get a window that says More Info, Delete, Start Over, Save, Save series. You go down to Save and press Select. That program is now saved in my area of the hard drive and I see it right along side the PTAT Folder. I guess it is important to note that I am set in Folders By Title (Green Button)....

Yes, you are missing something. I just went to my PTAT folder and went over to a program from last night. When I went over to that icon, it says Press To Watch. You press Select and then you get a window that says More Info, Delete, Start Over, Save, Save series. You go down to Save and press Select. That program is now saved in my area of the hard drive and I see it right along side the PTAT Folder. I guess it is important to note that I am set in Folders By Title (Green Button)....

I may have missed this as I only have limited time on the Hopper when I am at work. I do not have it in my home yet. I will check tomorrow. Thanks.

Hypotheticaly speaking, what were to happen if the HD version of a local channel was down during any point in PTAT and it is replaced with the SD version while it is being worked on? Would PTAT not record for the that channel for the time it is down or would it still record but just not in HD?

Hypotheticaly speaking, what were to happen if the HD version of a local channel was down during any point in PTAT and it is replaced with the SD version while it is being worked on? Would PTAT not record for the that channel for the time it is down or would it still record but just not in HD?
If the sd version was sent as HD on the HD channel, it should record that. If there is no signal at all, you would get nothing.

garys said:
If the sd version was sent as HD on the HD channel, it should record that. If there is no signal at all, you would get nothing.

I dont remember exactly what happened, but during the Olympics we had a big thunderstorm. We got a message stating there was some tech dificulties from our local station and after a few min. the screen was replaced with the local sd channel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)