hopper question

krynn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 2, 2020
woodland hills ca
Hello all
noob here
i have a quick question on the hopper 3 install. i have a dish on my roof with the hybrid LNB and a single node i guess its called... i am wondering what is the best way to connect em together so they can talk to the dish in a moca form. would it be one cable down from the dish with a splitter or two cables down from the node. my setup would be the hopper 3 in the living room and a joey in the bedroom...

any thoughts and inputs

Hello all
noob here
i have a quick question on the hopper 3 install. i have a dish on my roof with the hybrid LNB and a single node i guess its called... i am wondering what is the best way to connect em together so they can talk to the dish in a moca form. would it be one cable down from the dish with a splitter or two cables down from the node. my setup would be the hopper 3 in the living room and a joey in the bedroom...

any thoughts and inputs

Yes when you say node, you mean gray box with two inputs and 2 outputs, that will not work with the hopper three. The hopper three uses one line from the hybrid LNBF to a solo hub, which is an orange splitter, with one input, one output for the hopper and two outputs for the Joeys

Reactions: TheKrell
so now i'm gonna need 2 coax cables from the LNB into the solo hub??? and then two cables down from the hub one for the hopper and the second one for the joey.. or is it gonna be one cable down with a splitter like DTV'S crap

a9df4ab2171db6ab30d10299cf39ee29.jpg

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando SatelliteGuys

Reactions: charlesrshell
You could run a single coax from the LNB into the house to the Solo Hub, and then run one coax from the hub to the H3 and another to the Joey. The hub can be located wherever it's more convenient for running the two inside lines. Think of it like using a splitter with dedicated outputs...

You could run a single coax from the LNB into the house to the Solo Hub, and then run one coax from the hub to the H3 and another to the Joey. The hub can be located wherever it's more convenient for running the two inside lines. Think of it like using a splitter with dedicated outputs...
well all i would have to do NY dutch. would be is to take the coax from the dtv dish and put it on the dish net dish and remove the hub from the roof and put it on my balcony and drop the single coax down from the roof and wire the hopper and joey up to the hub since the cables already there!!!

Reactions: TheKrell
well all i would have to do NY dutch. would be is to take the coax from the dtv dish and put it on the dish net dish and remove the hub from the roof and put it on my balcony and drop the single coax down from the roof and wire the hopper and joey up to the hub since the cables already there!!!

There you go...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)