Hopper remote won't control sound on Sony CT-150 soundbar

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

harcomo

Original poster
May 23, 2013
Missouri
I can't seem to get my Hopper's remote to operate my Sony CT-150 soundbar. I have to use the Sony remote to turn the sound on and off and to control the sound and the DISH remote for everything else. I have a Sharp Aquos LED TV, Hopper w/ 3 Joeys, and the Sony CT-150 amp and soundbar. This was previously used with a DISH 722 receiver and a DISH 21.0 remote and I was able to get it to work fine after putting in the correct code. This new setup with the Hopper has me stumped. Last night, I was able to unplug the Hopper and the Sony sound unit plus unplugged the HDMI cables from the Sony and was able to get the DISH remote to operate everything except turn off the sound. When this was working, it would say Aquos Audio when the sound was raised or lowered on the TV. When I unplugged things and tried to repeat this procedure in hopes of getting the soundbar to turn off with the DISH remote, I lost the sound control and the Aquos Audio designation and am back to using two remotes again. It seems to me to be an HDMI switching problem and maybe I just need to get some setting right on the TV, amp, or the Hopper. I would certainly welcome any and all suggestions. Thanks!

In the remote manager for AUX programming select audio accessory. Also select volume to set the volume buttons always control the sound bar. If the preceding fails, you can always use the remote's learning function.

Mine does. Select Sony aux equipment and it's pretty deep (like the 7th or 8th) selection, you have to go thru each of them to program the remote. Then set the Volume button so that the AUX controls the volume. Mine works like a champ after I took 15 minutes to go thru all the codes.

OK, thanks for the help! The problem has been resolved and the DISH remote is now controlling all functions of the soundbar and amp. :)

Read my response and directions just one post above his!

OK, thanks bookworm370. I was just curious which suggestions he performed to get his sound bar to function with his remote control. Select the correct Sony code, use learning method mentioned in rglore's post #2 just one above his, and/or set the correct volume setting in Remote Manager!

Well, I had read on the DISH support forum where the 13th pin on the HDMI cable that plugs into the back of the Hopper w/ Sling was causing an HDMI sync problem with some of the Sony equipment. One of the fixes that people said worked was this.....

"If you have a toothpick, utility knife, and duct tape you can fix this in 10 minutes.
Cut off a very narrow piece of duct tape and use the toothpick work the tape so it completely covers the 13th pin (4th from the right if the wide part is on top). 10 minute fix and it works great and is easily reversible."

I used a tiny piece of electrical tape. After I had done this, I went into remote manager, AUX programming and selected Audio Accesory. Then I searched for the code and I believe it was the 7th code that worked. Shut the Sony CT-150 off and turned it back on and everything worked like a charm. So don't know if the trick with the HDMI cable had anything to do with it or not but the other suggestions definitely helped.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts