n0qcu

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Earth
Quotes from the Hopper questions thread if any one wants to comment
BearHuntr said:
Will the 922 remotes work with the Hopper?
Scott Greczkowski said:
No, different frequencies based on the Zigbee protocols.
That was really a stupid thing of DISH to do, why didn't they just use the 32.0 remote instead of making another model of remote.

Honestly I didn't pay attention. Just synced it up like a normal 922 remote - put hopper on sys info screen pushed sat, remote beeps, it works.

Haven't tried to max it out, but at least 2.

Try! Try! Try!

Seriously though, I'm not the only one curious. Someone got a DIRT report it was only one per Hopper or Joey. I coudn't believe that was the case. Personally I'd like to see three each, but two would do.

Only reason I even tried is because they locked the 40.0 remotes up on us to try an keep us from messing with it too much - so I tried syncing the 32.0 and it listed both the 40.0 and the 32.0 at the same time.

I was able to sync a 32.0 to the Hopper and Joey in our training room. Worked just fine.
That's good to hear, now I'll be able to use my 32.0 remotes after I upgrade to the Hopper
Also see if a 20, or 21 remote works in IR mode on the H/J. Thanks
They should since the Hoppers and Joeys can use IR remotes but they most likely will only work set to address #1 like the 922 does.

I really hope that they work with the 32 remotes. If so, is there any benefit to the 40.0 remote? Did they add any new functionality?

Why ZigBee? Why MoCA? I suspect because the development and maintenance costs are spread among a lot more companies than just Dish, and it is a cost savings. Also, a move to standardization. A little bit here, a little bit there......

I don't suppose there will be any way to transfer the button mappings from a 21.0 to the new 40.0 without having to reprogram the whole thing?

I have a bunch of manually-learned commands and would prefer not to have to go through them all again.

Probably just added more equipment codes.
the equipment codes are stored on the receiver for the 32.0 remote so new codes can be added at any time. The 40.0 will most likely be the same.

the equipment codes are stored on the receiver for the 32.0 remote so new codes can be added at any time. The 40.0 will most likely be the same.

I know the receiver has the "wizard" type interface that told you the codes, but I didn't think the actual command sets were stored and downloaded from the receiver. Why bother with 4 digit codes at all?

So, if the 32 remote from the 922 potentially work with the Hopper, will the timer backup wizard be able to transfer our current list of timers from that remote to the Hopper?