Hopper S215 Feedback

Are the Hoppers on the same MoCA network? If so, disconnect the Ethernet from the Hopper and the HIC will provide the Internet connection for everything. Bridging should also be disabled on the Hoppers.

I also got 216/268 this morning. One thing I noticed that Format TV now shows 1080p/1080i as an option.

I had to RBR my Hopper that drops local channels from custom lists. The lists were severely depleted and the edit window did not show lots of available channels. It was OK after the reset.
I just tried setting my 1080p TV hooked up the the hopper with the 1080p/1080i setting instead of the 720p setting and the UI looked worse IMHO. I just switched it back to 720p,
One thing it didn't fix is the bug in Network Settings. I have 1 Hopper directly connected to my router and the other 3 boxes cable connected. The 3 non connected boxes show no moca or broadband connection, but have 4 green bars. They also warn of no internet connection but play BB@Home stuff OK.
For me 1080p/1080i setting makes the UI look worse on my 1080p TV compared to the 720p setting.

3HaloODST said:
Are the Hoppers on the same MoCA network? If so, disconnect the Ethernet from the Hopper and the HIC will provide the Internet connection for everything. Bridging should also be disabled on the Hoppers.

I have 1 hopper hooked to ethernet for better connection with the sling adaptor...with the HIC will I still get the same connection (or strong enough) as the ethernet connection???

Ive had this connection for almost a month and really no problems so I'm not sure I would want to change it???...bridging is off on both hoppers...

Sorry I want my system to be the best it can be haha

I am not sure what s215 & 267 included. I have 2 hoppers & 3 joeys. With 213 & 265, all of my problems stopped when I disconnected one of the two wireless adapters I had on my hoppers. I had one hopper hooked up to my home network via wireless and the other hopper and all Joeys setup via MoCa. All of them had an IP from my network and showed OK for DHCP, Server, and Internet connections.

Now with 215 & 267, only the hopper hooked up to my home network via wireless shows OK for all connections and has an IP address from my network. I have tried to enable the bridging by doing the suggested above:
Yellow Hot Key
Select Network
Select Broadband
Select MoCA from drop down
Blue Hot Key twice.

But it is not working - when I do it on the second hopper, I am able to enable bridging, but I cannot get that option to come up on the Joeys.

So now I am not sure if I am supposed to hook up my second wireless adapter to the other hopper and forget about using MoCA?

I am able to access recorded shows across both hoppers and all three Joeys, but the IP addresses are not from my home network and all of the connections show fail. I have reset and unplugged everything multiple times.

I just want to know what are the configurations we need to use and do we need to have all hoppers and joeys hooked up to our network/internet? What functionality are we losing if broadband is red for all of them, but one hopper?

So both Hoppers have Wifi Adapters?? When you go to your Joey's do any of them see the Hoppers? The ones that do what Hopper are they seeing? Sounds like the internet connection is not being passed to all of your hardware correctly..

Keeping fingers crossed, looks like the drop down boxes on which Hopper I want to watch recordings has sticked, as I went home for lunch and checked while I was home. Hopeing that 216 fixes this issue I have been having :)

So both Hoppers have Wifi Adapters?? When you go to your Joey's do any of them see the Hoppers? The ones that do what Hopper are they seeing? Sounds like the internet connection is not being passed to all of your hardware correctly..

No - only one hopper has the wifi adapter and the joeys can see both hoppers. The internet connection was being passed along perfectly fine until 215/267 were released and now we have 216/268.

No - only one hopper has the wifi adapter and the joeys can see both hoppers. The internet connection was being passed along perfectly fine until 215/267 were released and now we have 216/268.

So does anything change when you put another wifi adapter on the other Hopper?? I would think you would need another adapter on it as well but maybe not..

So does anything change when you put another wifi adapter on the other Hopper?? I would think you would need another adapter on it as well but maybe not..

I was just able to fix the issue due to some info on page 4 of this thread. When the DIRT team posted the way to enable the bridging, they did not clarify that the bridging should be enabled on the hopper connected to the home network. Once I enabled the bridging, the other hopper and joeys got the signal and picked up the home network and now have all green for the connections and have an IP address from my home network

215/216 changed the bridging default to disabled. You need to turn that back on.

Bridging shares 1 Hopper Ethernet/WiFi connection with all other MoCA-connected devices (Hoppers/Joeys.) You need it enabled at the Hopper with the Internet connection if you only have Internet connected to that 1 Hopper. However you only need bridging enabled on that 1 Hopper. Other Hoppers/Joeys need bridging disabled. Otherwise, if you have Internet connections on multiple devices, you need bridging disabled on all devices.

Thanks - I enabled the bridging on my hopper connected to the internet and my other hopper and Joeys picked up my network and show OK for DHCP, Server, and Internet, and green for broadband.

Thanks - I enabled the bridging on my hopper connected to the internet and my other hopper and Joeys picked up my network and show OK for DHCP, Server, and Internet.

Yeah seems like the updates are moving that back to disable so thats the first thing folks should check..

Yeah seems like the updates are moving that back to disable so thats the first thing folks should check..

I think that's the better way to do it as most people probably don't even need bridging, and the installer or tech-savvy user can enable it when needed using the YELLOW - BLUE - SELECT - RED - MoCA - BLUE - BLUE key combination. Also it won't cause bridge loops with multiple Hoppers.

I have 1 hopper hooked to ethernet for better connection with the sling adaptor...with the HIC will I still get the same connection (or strong enough) as the ethernet connection???

Ive had this connection for almost a month and really no problems so I'm not sure I would want to change it???...bridging is off on both hoppers...

Sorry I want my system to be the best it can be haha

If it were me I would disconnect the Ethernet connection and just use the HIC. MoCA (when the signal is good) actually has more bandwidth than 100Mbps Ethernet (Hopper/Joey does not have Gigabit Ethernet.) Disable bridging on all Hoppers (looks like you've already got that covered.) Just be sure and check your MoCA stats on the Hoppers/Joeys (YELLOW - 9 - 2) make sure MoCA quality icon is FOUR GREEN BARS on all Hoppers/Joeys.

Last edited:
It bridges Ethernet/wireless with the Hopper MoCA network. e.g. Connect 1 Hopper to Internet via Ethernet, enable bridging on that Hopper, now it shares the Internet connection with all other MoCA-connected Hopper(s) and Joey(s.) It basically turns the Hopper into an HIC.

Yeah!! Hopper drop down boxes for which recordings you want to watch have not disappeared at all!!

This was my biggest issue, very happy now!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts