Hopper Set Up With Multiple TV's

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

nikunjbhakta

Original poster
Mar 18, 2012
United States
I would like to set up the hopper with 12 TV's. What is the best possible way to do this, without going through the process of actually buying 12 hoppers.

There are 4 people that live in our home, but just multiple TV's

I would like to limit it to 4 Hoppers so I don't have the residual monthly bill.

I would also like to see what can be done to leave all boxes (Hoppers) in a central closet and run IR extenders to change Channels.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Max install on one acct is three Hoppers, and even that must be handled by a special team.

I would get 2 hoppers and as many joeys as you're willing to pay monthly fees for. Then get some rf modulators and split them out to the rest of you TVs.

Can the Hoppers/Joey's be given specific TV's they should go on?

Meaning there are 4 of us in the home. Each one gets their own way of watching. Can that follow certain TV's? Meaning My hopper/joey only works on 2-3 TV's

Joeys can be paired to Hoppers. 3 Hoppers and 9 joeys would provide for 12 TVs. The way things are set up now, any Hopper/Joey system can be isolated from the others with a physical trap. Otherwise, 6 Joeys and 2 Hoppers would be able to see each other's Hopper contents. With 3 Hoppers, I believe one of the Hoppers and its paired Joeys have to be isolated from the others whether that is desired or not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts