HOPPER SNAP

My advise to anyone on the fence, standing on principle, or waiting on Dishes’ benevolence - get over it and get the snap. You’re missing out- and you will not be sorry for having purchased the module.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

That's what I will probably end up doing, but it is tiresome paying more & more for less & less
Wasn't the snap supposed to be something to help ease the loss of customers?
If so, they need to be sending these out to their customers

Reactions: olds403
Wasn't the snap supposed to be something to help ease the loss of customers?
If so, they need to be sending these out to their customers
Not sure Dish was losing customers because of the old Hoppers. I think it was more to have something to give customers that complained about their Hopper 1 or HWS being slow, so that Dish didn't have to give them Hopper 3s.

So far the only difference I can tell is it doesn't sputter when changing channels. Before it would blink once or twice after going to a new channel.

That's what I posted here and someone told me I was wrong and had nothing to do with that...

BUT, for some reason the Snap is only beneficial for me if I unplug it then plug it in again each day after the morning reboot. Otherwise, it goes back to being slow as if the Snap was never plugged in. It doesn't make any sense at all.

The Hopper 3 does not need a Snap. It already has newer electronics and the interface does not have the slowness problems that the older HWS and the original Hopper have.

Right but they asked if it worked on the Hopper 3 not if it needed it or not.
I'm curious myself.. if it works or not. At the very least it would do more good than bad for the cost why not.

Right but they asked if it worked on the Hopper 3 not if it needed it or not.
I'm curious myself.. if it works or not. At the very least it would do more good than bad for the cost why not.

The Hopper 3 does not have the supporting software for the Snap so plugging one in would probably do nothing.

That's what I posted here and someone told me I was wrong and had nothing to do with that...

BUT, for some reason the Snap is only beneficial for me if I unplug it then plug it in again each day after the morning reboot. Otherwise, it goes back to being slow as if the Snap was never plugged in. It doesn't make any sense at all.
Just a suggestion, have you gone into the diagnostics page and scrolled down and looked at what the status of the snap is?

Got my Snap from the tech that was here today for a service call. He said he had one on the truck and just had to modify the work order to reflect it. Hopefully the replacement HWS will address the other issues I was having. I did not have much time to play with the system to see if there was a huge improvement from the Snap as I had to head to work after the service call.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)