Hopper/Super joey setup?

bnewt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 6, 2003
Shepherdsville, Ky
If I had the following setup

hopper w/sling/Super Joey & 2 wireless joey's

If the hopper quit working........would I still be able to watch programming since the Super Joey has tuners?

No. Everything is dependent on the Hopper. If you have 2 Hoppers then you could rely on the other if one went down.

The Super Joey is the same as a regular Joey but it has two tuners added to it. It still needs the Hopper to function properly.

Another missed opportunity IMHO.

I have to agree. When the Hopper/Joey came out I thought that over time, Dish would get rid of all the other receivers/hddvrs and just make these, turning off any functionality that the subscriber didn't want. When the SuperJoey came out, I figgered that would be the non-dvr solution. But then to find that it can't operate on its own was a bit disappointing. Economies of scale seem to point that a Hopper, Super Joey, Joey only hardware would make good sense going forward, but not as configured today.

The main reason to get a Super Joey is to have 5 total integrated tuners, if you don't need that, then don't worry about it. You can always get 2 or more Hoppers.

The main reason to get a Super Joey is to have 5 total integrated tuners, if you don't need that, then don't worry about it. You can always get 2 or more Hoppers.

agreed, that would be nice.............but not being able to watch programing for several days if the hopper kicked out would be bad

agreed, that would be nice.............but not being able to watch programing for several days if the hopper kicked out would be bad

If you have a local Dish retailer nearby you could always go to them and get it swapped out that day, for a fee of course.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts